• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch out bitches 

the Tribe is making their move ......

Hey, 8-2 in their last 10 is nothing to sneeze at. 

And it's not to gloat, but I find it pretty hilarious that many "experts" in the preseason had Detroit winning the division running away, and the Royals finishing (in most cases) no better than third behind Detroit and Cleveland. 

That didn't seem to work out as planned. Those same "experts" never saw Minnesota any higher than last, and SURE as hell never saw Detroit in the cellar. 

I think your boys are better than their record suggests, but they certainly didn't meet their potential, and I have no real reason why. But, they're still young, and still really, really good. Hopefully next year. Although, the wildcard is still within reach. 

Go Tribe! 

Hey, I've seen several games at Jacob's Field (who cares what corporate whore sponsor they currently claim), so I have a soft spot for them. The fans there are the best! 

And who thought the Cubbies would keep the defending champions out of the playoffs?

In the meantime, the Sox (Red) may still end up in last place but there has to be some excitement over the young talent in the lineup - Mookie Betts, Xander Boegarts, and now all of a sudden Jackie Bradley Jr looks like a potential superstar as his bat has caught up with his already superlative defense. The 27 year old Cuban, Castillo, who they showered so much money on last year looks pretty solid too.

I'd love to see JBL take over the lead-off spot from Betts next year, as his minor league stats show how much better he is getting on base than Mookie is. Then they could move Mookie down to a more RBI-oriented spot like 6th or 7th. He should show a little more power than JBL will.

Three out of four years in last place, a championship in between, and hope springs eternal!

A little while ago, when the Yankees played the Red Sox, Jackie Bradley Jr. was hitting about .150 and didn't look like he belonged in the major leagues. Now he looks like one of the best hitters in baseball. One of the Yankee announcers spoke to Chili Davis, the Sox batting coach, and he said that he had Bradley Jr. make an adjustment to his swing. Whatever happened, It's been an amazing turnaround and Bradley Jr. has become an exciting young player who's fun to watch.

And who thought the Cubbies would keep the defending champions out of the playoffs?

In the meantime, the Sox (Red) may still end up in last place but there has to be some excitement over the young talent in the lineup - Mookie Betts, Xander Boegarts, and now all of a sudden Jackie Bradley Jr looks like a potential superstar as his bat has caught up with his already superlative defense. The 27 year old Cuban, Castillo, who they showered so much money on last year looks pretty solid too.

I'd love to see JBL take over the lead-off spot from Betts next year, as his minor league stats show how much better he is getting on base than Mookie is. Then they could move Mookie down to a more RBI-oriented spot like 6th or 7th. He should show a little more power than JBL will.

Three out of four years in last place, a championship in between, and hope springs eternal!

Cubs didn't do that, Dan. I was there when the Giants paid the Cubs back by taking 2-3 from them.

Injuries did the Giants in.

You simply cannot field what essentially amounts to a Triple-A squad and expect to keep winning consistently. Not in this league.

Go Jays.

Edited by Tim McG

Mets played some amazing baseball in the last three days against the Nats, including winning one game they probably had no business of winning.  Cespedes is playing out of his mind, basically putting the team on his back and taking them to the Division title.  It's one of the greatest salary drives I've ever seen.  The better he does, the more he prices the Mets out.  He probably won't be here next year but we're enjoying the ride the team is on.  Mets vs Dodgers should be fun.

Good news is that wobblies might be greatly reduced in 2016. Bad news is that it's still 2015.

Any post-season ball here will be welcome, of course, especially considering what even the most unrealistic projections for the team were at the beginning of the year. And yes, the team has gelled/stepped up/gotten hot/whatever lately, and yes with the exception of the Royals & Jays, the rest of the AL is pretty much smoke and mirrors, so sure, anything can happen. But...I saw three really good, genuinely good, perhaps even great Rangers teams not perform to fullest expectations, and this team is nowhere as good as those teams were. So, if they get a little summpin-summpin going, sure, it will be fun, but...it ain't real except in the way that I was "tall" when I was a kid and everybody else was around 3ft 6in and I was 4 ft. I mean, really, how's that for some short term gratification, oooh, I'm in the 3rd grade and I'm TALL.

My only real, true expectation if for an interesting September,, and that, relative to any expectation in March, is treat enough.

We still have seven games left against the Astros, which makes for some interesting math as far as Division Championship vs Wild Card goes, especially with the Astros showing signs of their own wobble, but...this team has not yet convinced me that it would make that much a difference except math...maybe I'm being a bit old-school about "earning" your place in the post-season meaning anything more than, ok, your W-L record is all you need to have earned anything, but...so be it. Like I said earlier, just playing meaningful baseball in September is gift - and surprise - enough for me.

Have not really followed the NL that much this year, but it seems to me that the AL this season has largely been a living example of that most awful of sports realities, "parity". Royals very close, but otherwise, not team with a .600 or better winning percentage and A's aside, no team with less than a .479 (for the sake of bitching, let's call it .480) one. So that's just a lot of..."good" and ""not so good" teams, right?

Some years are easier to be enthusiastic about than others. When I was a kid, these "out of nowhere" things were exciting. Nowadays, they're just as likely to be annoying as anything, the whole "I'd rather be lucky than good" thing is just so...childish. At some point, dreams need to become goals, and goals take more than just luck to achieve. At some point, hell yeah, you got to be good. And then be good some more. I'm old enough to remember pre-divisional baseball, never mind throwing in a Wild Card team, never mind now having a play-in game for that Wild Card spot. At some point, jesus, you play 162 games. I that's not enough to determine who's for real and who's just getting lucky, screw it, don't have a 162 season, just set up a six month tournament and laissez les bons temps rouler, you know what I'm saying?

Now, having said that...I'm not yet crank enough to say the same thing about "I'd rather be lucky than bad". :g

Amazing win by the Yankees tonight!  At this point they're almost certainly wildcard-bound, and given the loss of Tex and Eovaldi for the year, any progress they make in the playoffs would simply be a bonus... but what a heartening turnaround in the top of the 9th tonight, after nearly getting no-hit by Ramirez.  Great outing from CC as well.