RIP Dusty "The American Dream" Rhodes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great on the mic, terrible in the ring. That elbow thing he did, god it was awful. But the fans ate it up. I bet the Nature Boy is heartbroken.

You do realize pro wrestling is fake, right? The "elbow thing"was just a "signature move" that the promoters came up with.

And the "Nature Boy" isn't heartbroken, he's dead.

Great on the mic, terrible in the ring. That elbow thing he did, god it was awful. But the fans ate it up. I bet the Nature Boy is heartbroken.

You do realize pro wrestling is fake, right? The "elbow thing"was just a "signature move" that the promoters came up with.

And the "Nature Boy" isn't heartbroken, he's dead.

Scott (and I'm embarrassed to admit that I know anything about pro wrestling!), not only is the Nature Boy not dead, but he made a splash on TV just a few minutes ago on the broadcast of the Warriors/Cavaliers game!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/ric-flair-bursts-into-nba-tv-game-4-broadcast-woo

You do realize pro wrestling is fake, right?

What a brain. Did they tell you about Santa Claus yet?

You really have turned into a little bitch recently, haven't you?

If you have something you need to get off of your chest, please feel free to pm me instead of continually taking your pissy little potshots on the forums.

Thanks in advance.

I think Scott was probably referring to the original Nature Boy Buddy Rogers.

I keep forgetting that Ric Flair was the Nature Boy. Not sure why I always get his and Rhodes nicknames mixed up. That was my bad.

Edited by Scott Dolan

The American Dream was great! I went to the J&J Center north of Athens towards Commerce one evening to see a match between him and Abdullah the Butcher, who spoke "no known human tongue." To watch Dusty "interviewed" by the late, great Gordon Solie was always the high point of any wrestling show on television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukQr8bvByQ

The American Dream was great! I went to the J&J Center north of Athens towards Commerce one evening to see a match between him and Abdullah the Butcher, who spoke "no known human tongue." To watch Dusty "interviewed" by the late, great Gordon Solie was always the high point of any wrestling show on television.

That's the wrestling I watched as a kid growing up in Florida. Gordon Solie had to have one of the most bizarre voices of all time.

"Pissy little potshots on the forum"

Do you have any sense of self-awareness Dolan?

Painfully obvious that you don't so let me tell you to fuck off before I put you back on ignore.

The irony of that post is astonishing.

Scott, Gordon was by far my favorite announcer. I remember him interviewing Baron von Raschke, a supposed NAZI bad guy, who launched off on the "natural, innate superiority" of the German wrestler, the German soldier, the German this and that, whatever. Gordon cut him off, saying he'd heard about enough of that nonsense, and telling von Raschke he should just go off and read his Schopenhauer and Nietzsche.

You do realize pro wrestling is fake, right?

What a brain. Did they tell you about Santa Claus yet?

You really have turned into a little bitch recently, haven't you?

If you have something you need to get off of your chest, please feel free to pm me instead of continually taking your pissy little potshots on the forums.

Thanks in advance.

You really are a tool, aren't you? You take shots at Dan constantly in your attempts to stir up shit, but a couple of comments directed at you gets you all butthurt.

Another thing to remember Dusty , Vince McMahon hated the dude , he gave him the corniest gimmick possible when he worked in WWF (The one where they sent him do these horrible skits and made him wear the outfit with yellow dots) but Rhodes ran with it and deliver the goods. How much did McMahon hated him remember the million dollar gimmick and his lackey Virgil well what is the real name of Dusty Rhodes... you guessed it Virgil ?