RIP Garrison Fewell

colinmce

tchicai+tribal+ghost.jpg?resize=300%2C30

sad news indeed, though I don't know much of his work really ... but yes, "Tribal Ghost" is marvelous!

will have to check my files, I have a quite wonderful recording with Tchicai and a third musician (Paolino Dalla Porta, I think) that is unreleased ... check my blog in a few days if you're curious :)

Garrison was a good friend and a very talented musician with a wonderfully positive spirit. His struggle with cancer over the past year was known to those who knew him, and, very sadly, this news comes as no surprise to all of us in the Boston community. My condolences to his wife, his son, and to all who were lucky enough to have rubbed shoulders with him during his time on Earth.

I'm saddened by this news.  I was one of the Kickstarter backers for Fewell's last Variable Density Sound Orchestra album, which had John Tchicai, Roy Campbell, Jr., Steve Swell, Dmitry Ishenko and Reggie Nicholson,  Five months after the recording session, John Tchicai had a stroke and passed away a few months later, and then Roy Campbell, Jr. passed away in January of last year.  Now Garrison Fewell's gone.  He was very conscientious regarding the Kickstrater project, posting many updates and even creating a limited, hand-assembled version of the album due to the album being scheduled for official release at a much later date.  It's a wonderful album, and Fewell's passing makes what was already a bittersweet listening experience even more so.  I'd like to check out more of his work.  Thank you for the music, Mr. Fewell, and rest in peace.

• 4 weeks later...

will have to check my files, I have a quite wonderful recording with Tchicai and a third musician (Paolino Dalla Porta, I think) that is unreleased ... check my blog in a few days if you're curious

:)

took me a while (had some computer issues to fix before I could check any audio files) ... now it's there, I guess you'll find it (not sure if a link would be okay or not, it's not a "bootleg", no one earns a penny from it, but still ...)

Edited by king ubu