What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

71NZELzAIJL._SX522_.jpg

I had most of this on lp back in the day and was pleased to find this 4 cd box in 2011 from Amazon for $15.

I was saying to myself this looks interesting, even though the price now is generally higher, particularly factoring in shipping.  Then Amazon told me I bought this ten years ago and had it shipped to Vancouver (when shipping was still generally reasonable).  I honestly don't know if this is still in the house or not.*  Definitely a sign of something.  Losing my marbles?  Owning too much music?  Not enough open shelving?  But nothing good surely...

* I did track it down without too much fuss...

6 minutes ago, Ron S said:

Tchaikovsky, Piano Concerto No. 1 / The Nutcracker--Suite (arranged for two pianos by Nicolas Economou)

Martha Argerich (piano), Claudio Abbado/Berlin Philharmonic, Nicolas Economou (piano, Nutcracker Suite)

(Deutsche Grammophon)

NC00NzMyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Tchaikovsky's not bad, but he's no Wolf Biermann.

2 hours ago, Ron S said:

I think I still have that CD stashed away somewhere, if you'd like to make me an offer.  Brand-new, and still factory-sealed.  😃

That's mighty tempting!  One can never have too many Biermann cds.  Even if they're duplicates of the ones you already have.  I'll get back to you some year.

1 hour ago, Aggie87 said:

That's mighty tempting!  One can never have too many Biermann cds.  Even if they're duplicates of the ones you already have.  I'll get back to you some year.

The last time we discussed this was over a decade ago, so I'll expect your offer sometime in the late 2030s.