John B

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Huge Anzic drop on emusic two weeks ago. Which means you can now get a bunch of Anat Cohen, Yuval Cohen, Third World Love, Avishai Cohen, etc etc etc.

Some strong music on that label. Of course, they also have a Bandcamp page where you can stream the album in its entirety before deciding to purchase. In some cases, it's cheaper to buy it on Bandcamp, plus you get a choice of file formats there too.

Some albums released last Tuesday that I really like...

HUBROCD2510.jpg

1982 - "Pintura"

ECM musicians make an album of chamber jazz folk music. A pretty album.

Listen to track from album on Soundcloud.

artworks-000011335498-n0x56x-crop.jpg?ef63535

(Sorry, best image I could find)

Chelo Segui - "From Now On"

On his site, Chelo talks about composing an album of new tango with Argentinean rhythms. Cool album.

Listen on his myspace page.

Forth_The-Four-Bags_cover-300x300.jpg

The Four Bags - "Forth"

Sort of like something you'd hear on the Clean Feed label, but odder and prettier. Maybe for fans of stuff on the Clean Feed label.

Listen to the whole album on Bandcamp page.

• 3 weeks later...

Still pretty messed up. I'm not at the point of abandoning ship, but I must say they did a terrible job of rolling out the new interface - both technically and marketing-wise. If you read the eMusic message board, there are a LOT of unhappy members.

I hope they get it together SOON. :shrug[1]:

...If you read the eMusic message board, there are a LOT of unhappy members...

So much pain, so much sorrow, so much drama. Such is the life of many who regularly post on the eMusic board. While there's certainly a good amount of unnecessary stress and confusion in dealing with this new format, I find the nastiness and histrionics of some members rather laughable. For some reason, I've encountered few of the problems others report, and I've had no difficulty downloading files or saving titles to my list.

...If you read the eMusic message board, there are a LOT of unhappy members...

So much pain, so much sorrow, so much drama. Such is the life of many who regularly post on the eMusic board. While there's certainly a good amount of unnecessary stress and confusion in dealing with this new format, I find the nastiness and histrionics of some members rather laughable. For some reason, I've encountered few of the problems others report, and I've had no difficulty downloading files or saving titles to my list.

Louis CK tells it like it is