LF date of Elvin Jones Blindfold Test w/ Ginger Baker & Keith Moon?

Someone on Reddit was looking for a copy of Elvin Jones' Blindfold Test (presumably for Downbeat), specifically where Elvin talked about Ginger Baker and Keith Moon.

I have a complete set of DB's from early 1965 up through at least 1987 or maybe closer to 1990 (my uncle was a faithful subscriber, and I inherited his collection). So I probably don't need a copy, but I'm having trouble tracking down the exact date of the specific BF test in question.

Google led me to the 12-Oct-1972 issue, which turns out to be Elvin's second DB BF test, but no mentions of Baker or Moon. That issue mentioned his earlier (first) BF test from 17-Nov-1966 -- but no dice there either (no surprise, being from '66).

Anybody know which BF test Elvin would have discussed Baker and/Moon? (Anyone have a specific date?) Assuming Downbeat, but were any jazz publications doing BF tests over the years?

Thanks!!

PS: FWIW, the Reddit thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jazz/comments/58dsk0/where_to_find_elvin_jones_blindfold_test_with/

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Not a BF test but a DB March 19, 1970 Valerie Wilmer interview at the home of Ginger Baker (pgs. 16-17) and brief response by Elvin.  Baker's put-downs of other drummers didn't include any in the rock field but concentrated on current U.S. jazz drummers.

on Buddy Rich:  "Once you become a drummer, your hands and feet can work together and this is where I think Buddy Rich is a lunatic.  He considers himself the world's best drummer but his feet are nowhere at all!  He hasn't got any feet -- he plays like a man with one foot."

on Elvin Jones:  "In the early days with Coltrane, Elvin had a period when he really knocked me out," he went on, "but from then on he's gone into this 'no time is cool' thing and is getting away from basic time."  "There aren't very many jazz players I can say I dig because they just can't play simply."

Elvin on Ginger (after hearing Baker's solo on 'Do What You Like'): "Nothing happening.  Cat's got delusions of grandeur with no grounds.  They should make him an astronaut and lose his ass!"

5 hours ago, Bill Nelson said:

Not a BF test but a DB March 19, 1970 Valerie Wilmer interview at the home of Ginger Baker (pgs. 16-17) and brief response by Elvin.  Baker's put-downs of other drummers didn't include any in the rock field but concentrated on current U.S. jazz drummers.

on Buddy Rich:  "Once you become a drummer, your hands and feet can work together and this is where I think Buddy Rich is a lunatic.  He considers himself the world's best drummer but his feet are nowhere at all!  He hasn't got any feet -- he plays like a man with one foot."

on Elvin Jones:  "In the early days with Coltrane, Elvin had a period when he really knocked me out," he went on, "but from then on he's gone into this 'no time is cool' thing and is getting away from basic time."  "There aren't very many jazz players I can say I dig because they just can't play simply."

Elvin on Ginger (after hearing Baker's solo on 'Do What You Like'): "Nothing happening.  Cat's got delusions of grandeur with no grounds.  They should make him an astronaut and lose his ass!"

downbeat.jpg