prez/bird photo question

bichos

it´s a photo by irving penn from 1952 for/from vogue (the fashion-Magazine, not the record Label). is there any Information about the circumstances? is this the only Picture of the two giants? what article was it in vogue? is there more Information about this photo (or is it a Montage?).

Keep boppin´

marcelCHARLIE-PARKER  

https://www.tumblr.com/search/CHARLIE-PARKER

Edited by bichos
the photo wasn´t shown. this function doesn´t work!!!!!!

15 hours ago, John L said:

There is at least one more picture - my avatar.  

av-139.jpg

thanks, john l. but i mean from irving penn´s photo session. is there more information about this picture. was there an article in the vogue magazine?

keep boppin´

marcel

and thanks to mjzee and jim r to show the photo in question here.

5 hours ago, bichos said:

and thanks to mjzee and jim r to show the photo in question here.

FYI, the "trick" to show the photo is: If the photo doesn't appear, you probably see instead a small blue box with a question mark.  Right-click that question mark, and, in the resulting menu, select "Open Image in New Window."  You'll now see the image in a new web browser window.  Copy the URL for that window, and paste it here using the "Insert other media" drop-down box.

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Well, that must work for Windows . . .doesn't for Mac.

I'm on a Mac.  I went to the Tumblr page, control-clicked on the image in question (opened it in another tab), and got the URL to paste in here.  My resulting image seemed slightly smaller than mjzee's, which made me wonder whether he had gotten his image elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Jim R said:

I'm on a Mac.  I went to the Tumblr page, control-clicked on the image in question (opened it in another tab), and got the URL to paste in here.  My resulting image seemed slightly smaller than mjzee's, which made me wonder whether he had gotten his image elsewhere.

No, I got it from that Tumblr page (what is Tumblr, anyway?), and I'm on a Mac.  I did leave out the step that Jim R mentioned.  So my full process was: right click on the question mark, choose Open Image in New Window, which brings you to the Tumblr page.  Find the photo and click on it; this brings up the larger image.  Right click on the image and choose Copy Image Address (don't copy the URL at the top of the window).  Paste it here using Insert other media.