• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got in the mail from Music Direct this one. . .and also just got set up the souped up CSP3 I bought from a Decware Forumite also today. . . so all I can say is this disc sounds great!

And so does the preamp! Different in more than slight ways than the ZTPRE.

Soon I’ll compare this SACD to the earlier Analogue Productions one. My guess is that they will both sound really great and it will be hard to choose a favorite.

Daduka Da Fonseca “Samba Jazz & Tom Jobim”

dab8c57f0ecd93daac025ad65ba1bdfd4892d341

Fantastic to start the morning off with this favorite Brazilian jazz disc.

I really like listening to Maucha Adnet sing. There’s a wonderful texture to her voice and if there’s one thing she knows, first hand, it’s the music of Maestro Jobim.

Edited by jazzbo

11 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

Primary

Love it and saw it played live by Mingus with Bob Neloms, Jack Walrath , Ricky Ford and Danny Richmond. Wonderful event. It was played a bit faster than the studio recording and I think that the record wasn´t out for sale. It came out a bit later, but Mingus announced the tune as "something they just had recorded ", and that´s from a Movie Score. 

The second side "Todo Modo" I think was never played live. 

2 minutes ago, T.D. said:

This does look good. I like Schneiderman and didn't know of the recording (Concord is a label I rarely think about, so no wonder).

I think you might enjoy it, T.D.  Schneiderman's playing is very strong.  I remember reading an interview with Reid, and he explained how devastated he was when Schneiderman later left the band -- because the two of them had such a tight musical connection.  

. . . I don't have any of Schneiderman's work as a leader.  Any particular album(s) that you would recommend?