So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

11 hours ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b2738a732f602502d36a576412c6

The first - and to me best - Bill Evans Trio archival release on Resonance .... giving a better measure for the performance @ Montreux and benefiting strongly from the fabulous recording quality @ "Black Forrest" ....

Yes its a good oneĀ  but his vinyls from Montreux are IMO on the same level ---> p.taste!

• Replies 79.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Yes its a good oneĀ  but his vinyls from Montreux are IMO on the same level ---> p.taste!

Don`t get me wrong, I highly appreciate the Montreux recording .... prior to the Resonance release only the concert appearance documentedĀ Bill EvansĀ withĀ Eddie GomezĀ andĀ Jack DeJohnette, so we got the opportunity to have a closer look at this special combo ...

Wayne Shorter ā€œAdamā€™s Appleā€ Blue Note Universal Japan UHQCD 2024

The first batch of these new 85th Anniversary Blue Note cds arrived this afternoon. Decided to spin this one first, after listening to three tracks the most recent previous cd release from Japan. This one sounds a bit improved in ways that I like the sound to be: a bit mellower, a bit less of a front projected image.

2bd54dbbf747acec1681938276da597c1e357270

I enjoyed it, it arrived in yesterday's mail. I was serviced with most of the Dreyfus Jazz CDs, but this one may have only been issued in France, so I bought a copy. Philip Catherine was a wonderful interview a few years ago and sent me a nice package of CDs I didn't have.