Starsky & Hutch

I haven't seen Starsky & Hutch in many years. I used to watch the hell out of it, though, back in the day. It seems like it was broadcast on Friday nights (but my memory could be bad).

I've been seeing the recent advertisements for the S & H movie. It looks more, to me, like a parody than a serious attempt to recreate the TV series on the big screen. If my feelings are correct regarding the movie, I'm disappointed to see the classic 1970s series turned into a movie parody. I'd rather have seen a good attempt to recreate the series in all its classic demeanor.

If I remember correctly, there was some great 1970s boogaloo-type music played in the background of the TV show.

ben stiller is NOT one of my favorite actors, can he even act?

Aside from Snoop being cast as Huggy, they totally screwed this up.

Stiller is way over used these days, and I can't figure out why, the guy is not even funny.

You guys are completely right. Starsky and Hutch were cool not a couple of clowns as portrayed in the new movie.

:tdown For the movie.

:tup For the series.

I recall this hitting the UK screens in early 1978, just as I started doing my teaching practice. All the girls in my classes were in love with David Soul.

At the time it was denounced as a sign of the 'dumbing down' of culture [though obviously not using that term!].

Strange how it is remembered now with such affection!

'Batman' got a similar greeting in the mid to late 70s! And seems to have legions of apologists now.

I look forward to the 'Pop Idol' nostalgia in 20 years time.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

I'm afraid Owen Wilson has become the poster boy for bad career choices. That's kind of unfortunate because in the right vehicle, he's pretty good. I thought he was fine in "Rushmore" and "Meet the Parents" and even better in "Shanghi Noon", but the movies he's done lately are just dreck. Maybe he's become like the late in life version of Lawrence Olivier, i.e. just put a movie deal in front of and tell me where to sign. I don't have to read the script cuz I'll do anything. I know the money is probably pretty good, but you'd think he might pay a little more attention to quality.

Up over and out.

I recall this hitting the UK screens in early 1978, just as I started doing my teaching practice. All the girls in my classes were in love with David Soul.

I was a grade-school student then, and many of the girls in my class shared that feeling, Bev, especially after he started showing up on radio crooning the likes of this:

Don't Give Up On Us

( David Soul )

Don't give up on us, Baby

Don't make our love seem light

The future isn't just one night

It's written in the moonlight

And painted on the stars

We can't change ours

Don't give up on us, Baby

We're still worth one more try

I know we put a last one by

Just for a rainy evening