Disappointment...

Hey Folks,

I bought a copy of Tina Brooks "The Waiting Game" last week from Cheap CDs, and received it today. Upon tearing off the shrink wrap I was dissapointed to find a totally different CD in the case. The name of it is "The Best of Hooker 'N' Heat".

I emailed Blue Note, and Cheap-Cds to see what can be done. I'll keep you guys posted just to make sure that customer service is on the up and up.

:(

Edited by undergroundagent

That happened to me awhile back when I ordered a copy of Jimmy Smith's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" Inside the Jimmy Smith CD case was a copy of a record with Cal Tjader and Anita O'Day. The problem was I liked the O'Day record so much I kept it! :) I still haven't bought another copy of the Jimmy Smith.

Hey Folks,

I bought a copy of Tina Brooks "The Waiting Game" last week from Cheap CDs, and received it today. Upon tearing off the shrink wrap I was dissapointed to find a totally different CD in the case. The name of it is "The Best of Hooker 'N' Heat".

I emailed Blue Note, and Cheap-Cds to see what can be done. I'll keep you guys posted just to make sure that customer service is on the up and up.

:(

Who do you suppose is at fault? Blue Note or Cheap CD? If the CD was factory sealed, the fault would have to be at the manufacturers end? Or is there some middleman screwing up? What do you think?

BTW, I have the Tjader/O'Day CD (in its assigned packaging ;) ) and it is indeed a tasty bit of work. Great sound too.

That happened to me awhile back when I ordered a copy of Jimmy Smith's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?"  Inside the Jimmy Smith CD case was a copy of a record with Cal Tjader and Anita O'Day.  The problem was I liked the O'Day record so much I kept it! :)  I still haven't bought another copy of the Jimmy Smith.

B-3r,

I'm SHOCKED that you did not replace the Jimmy Smith CD. Put on your coat, go to a purveyer of items musical, and do so, even if you have to pay regular price. :blink::D

Edited by patricia

B-3r,

I'm SHOCKED that you did not replace the Jimmy Smith CD.  Put on your coat, go to a purveyer of items musical, and do so, even if you have to pay regular price.  :blink:  :D

Ah, don't be so quick to judge, patricia. I have said album on vinyl already. CD is just more convinient. :)

My humblest apologies. You are absolved. :blink:

I got a gig a couple of years ago playing CCR tunes. I didn't know any of them so I bought a CD. The cover art was right, the silk screen on the CD was right. The CD contained some strange electronical thing. The first track's lyrics were, " |: Muthaf*ka in da house.....Cheap. :| " :o I don't get it. All of the rest of the lyrics are in German.

I still have it. I bet its a collector's piece. I'll trade ya for the Paul Chambers & Wynton Kelly Mosaic ;)

Once I was in Barnes & Noble and I found a sealed RVG of a Horace Silver cd, but the back had the credits for Donald Byrd, "Byrd in Hand!" I took the cd to the girl at the counter and told her that she would have to make up her mind as to which cd she was selling!

;)

:lol:

Paul - I could just see it now...this young cashier thinking, "f***king busy body!!!"

Classic, buddy!! :tup