Sopranos Season Starts!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's four times in one episode, too many to be coincidental, I'd think. Is this a setup for further plot twists, a one-time highlighting of one of this subculture's traits, the writer making a political point, or just what?

I think the writers are commenting (and burlesquing) on the convenience of using a highly visible group as a scapegoat.

If you go to the HBO website you'll see that the episode is entitled "Unidentified Black Males". So yes, the writers are obviously making a political point about scapegoats. (The black males in queston are not only "unidentified", they're nonexistent.)

I actually look forward to "Deadwood" more than the "Sopranos" now. I think that the writing is better, the stories are fresher, and even the characters are generally more resonant and compelling. The Sopranos has lost a step or three, but I'll keep watching it to see what happens.

So, in my humble opinion, The Sopranos is still the best show on television, except for Deadwood. HBO Sunday nights is where it's at! ;)

Another good show last night. The situation between Johnny Sack and Tony S. continues to worsen, but I think Johnny is too good a character to write out before the final season....but then..some of the writing is bothering me. For instance...going by the previews (which can be misleading ^_^ ) - Are we supposed to believe that Tony S. bought Tony B's story about not doing the Joey Peeps hit?

Are we supposed to believe that Tony S. bought Tony B's story about not doing the Joey Peeps hit?

Not much Tony can do to makes things right with Johnny since he included himself in the lie.

I don't think Johnny is going anywhere this season, although it looks like Tony may now be forced to partner up with little Carmine before it's all said and done.

- Are we supposed to believe that Tony S. bought Tony B's story about not doing the Joey Peeps hit?

Tony S. confronted Tony B. about his role in the Joey Peeps slaying, telling him that he didn't want him acting as a free agent. He also had that panic attack on the golf course when Johnny Sack told him that the killer limped away. Tony S. is protecting one of his own, blood family as well as mob family, and this will cause a war with some dire consequences(Who does Phil Leotardo whack?).

Did anybody catch the O.J. Simpson reference in last night's episode? Tony S. is complaining about Johnny Sack not believing him in regards to the story about Tony B. not being involved in the Joey Peeps hit, and Tony S. says "Why doesn't he look for the real killers? Instead he spends his time on the golf course."

This was a good episode but I was taken at some point by how unlikable these guys are. There was that idyllic comraderie that existed bwteen Tony B and Chris up in the country then Tony S shows up and it all changes. Chris' eternal pouting, and the relentless insults from both Tonys.

Tony jabbing at Janice until she flips out. What dysfunctional families the blood relatives and business associates are. I think Tony had a hard time seeing Janice clean up her act and he wanted to bring her down. Like he got on Chris for his sobriety and being such a wet blanket. Tony S sows seeds of discontent everywhre he goes and he delights in it.

And I loved that Carmela told the school counselor she was going back to Tony. I expect him to move to the North Pole.