What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

71kgnE+12nL._SX599_.jpg

Sammy sings the theme to "Shaft" on this compilation.  And then Don Gibson's country song "I'd Be a Legend in My Time."  "Candy Man" and "Bojangles," of course.  And then a show-bizzy Gershwin medley.  Musically, it is all over the place. . . . I don't know whether it's brilliant or goofy.  Maybe both?  Either way, I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Edited by HutchFan

12 hours ago, soulpope said:

fe6f2c11c3.jpg

Martin Briley „One Night With A Stranger“ (Mercury)                                            1983 …

I remember liking "Salt in my Tears" from this album back in the day. 

Only later did I notice that Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson was the drummer on this album.  He was also the drummer in Mister Mister, and also was on XTC's "Oranges and Lemons" album and the annoying "I'll Be There For You" song from the Rembrandts ( the Friends theme song).

I like his work with Crimson best.

4 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

I remember liking "Salt in my Tears" from this album back in the day. 

Only later did I notice that Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson was the drummer on this album.  He was also the drummer in Mister Mister, and also was on XTC's "Oranges and Lemons" album and the annoying "I'll Be There For You" song from the Rembrandts ( the Friends theme song).

I like his work with Crimson best.

Thnx, wasn't aware of his other credits ....

4 hours ago, gvopedz said:

Hendrix Band of Gypsys video

That's cool. Thanks!

The box set "Songs for Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts" that came out about 4 years ago was eye-opening. As much as I liked the various collections that have been rationed out over the years, to hear the entire shows back to back to back to back is an entirely different experience. Easily some of his most impressive live recordings.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:12 PM, jlhoots said:

Seeing her in person in February!!

Lucky you! I think she's cutting back on live performing, so see her while you can. John Leventhal (her husband) on guitar is great, too.

My0zMjA4LmpwZWc.jpeg

NC0zODk0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Valerie Simpson - Exposed (Tamla, 1971)

I've been streaming this album -- Simpson's solo debut -- over-and-over-again lately.  It's terrific, SUPER soulful.

Today, I ordered the LP off Discogs.  I'm looking forward to hearing it in higher fidelity.  :) 

Thanks again to @JSngry for the recommendation. 

44 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

My0zMjA4LmpwZWc.jpeg

NC0zODk0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Valerie Simpson - Exposed (Tamla, 1971)

I've been streaming this album -- Simpson's solo debut -- over-and-over-again lately.  It's terrific, SUPER soulful.

Today, I ordered the LP off Discogs.  I'm looking forward to hearing it in higher fidelity.  :) 

Thanks again to @JSngry for the recommendation. 

And I give thanks again to Harold Z (who I hope is still alive and well) for pulling my coattails to this and so many other things.

Blessings are to be shared!!!