What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rhino's expansive survey of the controversial genre that dominated late-70's popular music.  Picked up this 4-CD set for $15, and am taking a stroll down memory lane, back to my early 20's.  This box has it all: the good (and occasionally great), the bad, and the ugly.   And despite being criticized as being stiff and mechanical back in the day, this stuff sounds so organic and funky and human (why, even real drummers, percussionists, and bass players rather than machines) when compared to what pop "music" is today.

image.jpeg.896de46c6bca5c875b0ef4733dcd9798.jpeg

8 minutes ago, felser said:

Rhino's expansive survey of the controversial genre that dominated late-70's popular music.  Picked up this 4-CD set for $15, and am taking a stroll down memory lane, back to my early 20's.  This box has it all: the good (and occasionally great), the bad, and the ugly.   And despite being criticized as being stiff and mechanical back in the day, this stuff sounds so organic and funky and human (why, even real drummers, percussionists, and bass players rather than machines) when compared to what pop "music" is today.

Exemplary release from Rhino which surveys this often wrongly judged genre - where a lot of great black voices and excellent studio musicians found a place to carry on - aptly .....

17 minutes ago, felser said:

Looks great

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Exemplary release from Rhino which surveys this often wrongly judged genre - where a lot of great black voices and excellent studio musicians found a place to carry on - aptly .....

Chic still gets extensive play in my household (Rodgers/Edwards/Thompson is still the rhythm section that most closely matches my inner workings), as do the Sister Sledge and Norma Jean Wright albums they produced.  And I still own and play albums by Donna Summer, Rose Royce, Gloria Gaynor, and Evelyn Champagne King among others.

2 hours ago, felser said:

Chic still gets extensive play in my household (Rodgers/Edwards/Thompson is still the rhythm section that most closely matches my inner workings), as do the Sister Sledge and Norma Jean Wright albums they produced.  And I still own and play albums by Donna Summer, Rose Royce, Gloria Gaynor, and Evelyn Champagne King among others.

👍😍👍....