This show's gonna cook.

There's a side of me that says go, and a side of me that says don't go. Those '60s albums are, IMO, about as profound as this art form gets. But I haven't really enjoyed Jackie in recent years, and Moncur's chops are gone, from what I hear. I did see Moncur in a William Parker large ensemble a couple of years ago, but he played very little, so it was hard to judge.

I think I'd rather see some guys in their prime tackle that amazing Moncur music. Well, Hutcherson is still in his prime...

I wonder who'll be in the rhythm section? Ridley?

We (the organisation I'm involved in) had an offer for this group, but alas Brownie -we - at least - won't bring it to Europe - and the reasons are to be found in Pete C's post.

I'm afraid I can't see how McLean could - or rather if he should - do a European tour with all the stress involved, having so much trouble meeting his gigs in the US. Moncur I heard live with 360 Degrees Experience way back, and I think I prefer to remember what he was like then.