I'm back

and I've enlisted in the Marine Corps. It's pretty much what I've been working on for a while here. It was a long road just to enlist - I went to MEPS three times before I finally got to swear in.

I should be leaving for boot on June 1st so any prayers, well wishes, or good vibrations would be well appreciated!

Wow..I'm stunned, Jazz! Speaking as a former squid (if you don't know, you'll find out!), this is for you...

A Marine and a Navy Seaman are standing at a couple of urinals in the head doing their thing. The Seaman finishes, buttons up his pants, and heads for the door. "Hey sailor", yells the Marine, "don't they teach you to wash your hands after you piss in the Navy?" "No", responds the Seaman. "They teach us not to piss on our hands..." :g

Good luck! By the way, there'll be one day, fairly early in boot camp, that sucks to no end. You'll know it when you see it, believe me. Don't sweat it; it's the worst day of your entire military career, no matter how long it lasts! After that day, you'll have it whipped. ;)

Good luck, Jazz!

I hope you can keep in touch with us. You'll be in my thoughts, prayers, etc...

You're a better man than I am. :rsmile:

Thanks everyone, for the well wishes!

And I think we all know that the wielder of cat-head power bows to no one...

Jazzmoose

Wow..I'm stunned, Jazz! Speaking as a former squid (if you don't know, you'll find out!), this is for you...

A Marine and a Navy Seaman are standing at a couple of urinals in the head doing their thing. The Seaman finishes, buttons up his pants, and heads for the door. "Hey sailor", yells the Marine, "don't they teach you to wash your hands after you piss in the Navy?" "No", responds the Seaman. "They teach us not to piss on our hands..." 

Good luck! By the way, there'll be one day, fairly early in boot camp, that sucks to no end. You'll know it when you see it, believe me. Don't sweat it; it's the worst day of your entire military career, no matter how long it lasts! After that day, you'll have it whipped.

Navyman eh? :D One of my good friends is a SeaBee. As far as the worst days in boot, I'm thinking it might be the crucible at the end, but I'm sure there will be plenty of horribleness to go around.

• 4 years later...