Upcoming MOSAICS (resuming)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hell, I took the risk and ordered. It's only 20 bucks (with shipping) and if it's just a single disc compilation of Jazztet stuff or something else relatively bogus, which it probably is (serve me right for trying to take advantage of a mispricing) it'll tide me over until I can afford the box from Mosaic (and will become road trip fodder for the car after that).

If you check the CD Universe page, the Mosaic Selects show the correct price, are listed as one disk, but the label is 'Mosaic Select.' The oddly-priced Verve Jazztet lists a label of 'Umvd/Grp.' I did a search on the CD Universe site and found no listing, by doing a label search, for Mosaic.

If I recall correctly... GRP/Impulse/Verve are the same company?

Edited by wesbed

Yeah, it's probably NOT the Mosaic, but I'm feeling lucky! If it was even $50 probably not worth the risk, but for the cost of a list price CD, worth a chance to me. As long as it's Jazztet in some way shape or form, it's cool.

Also: isn't this one of those Mosaics that Universal is doing some production on as well (maybe for the European market primarily)? So I'm thinking if this IS the Jazztet box, it's that version.

Edited by DrJ

Yeah, it's probably NOT the Mosaic, but I'm feeling lucky! If it was even $50 probably not worth the risk, but for the cost of a list price CD, worth a chance to me. As long as it's Jazztet in some way shape or form, it's cool.

The listing has got me to thinking about making a purchase too. I don't want to miss out and I don't want to be a dupe.

link

Edited by wesbed

It seems too wierd. However, I don't know what else it would be if not 'the' Mosaic.

I wonder if CD Universe will ship the product if it's a mis-print? Do the people at CD Universe know or care? You place your order, the computer does its thing, a person at the warehouse mails the package... and all is well.

I've been to retail stores where a price is obviously mis-marked. One of the retail workers will apologize for the incorrect price but will not honor the incorrect price (unless the price is wrong by only a couple of dollars).

I had a similar scenario with the PLUGGED NICKEL set. The set was on CDNOW for like 12 bucks; I ordered, but they sent me an e-mail saying that it was a typo. They are covered legally if typos like that occur and they catch them before mailing the product out. Still, that would be sweet if you guys score on that Jazztet Mosaic.

This is a one cd set. I just received an email from CD Universe.

Any more detail from the email?

This web page image does show, at the bottom in the notes, this being a 7 CD set.

CD Universe has created a bizarre page to advertise a single CD. I mean, it lists at $132? :Picon8.gif

Edited by wesbed

Well they've been laboring under the notion that it's a single disc all along. Doesn't mean they're right! My fingers is still crossed...

If they couldn't get the disk, what did they send to sjarrell?

They probably sent the fuggin' Mosaic. :rmad:

Well they've been laboring under the notion that it's a single disc all along. Doesn't mean they're right! My fingers is still crossed...

same here as I too took the plunge< if it's not the complete Verve Jazztet records then I can always return it at their expense.

Mind you amazon.de had those ultra cheap Mosaic Shorter/Morgan Vee Jay sets which turned out to be some ambient/noise disc .