AMG facelift

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've become frustrated too. Hate to look a gift horse (free service) in the mouth, but simple things - like having to log in every time I visit, despite accepting cookies on my computer - does wear me down. Fortunately, there are a few good discography sites out there. And alltheweb searches.

Hate to look a gift horse (free service) in the mouth, but simple things - like having to log in every time I visit, despite accepting cookies on my computer - does wear me down.

This is what really gets at me. I find this very annoying, especially since AMG assigns your password. So it's a random series of numbers and letters rather than something you'd bother to memorize. As a result, I have to dig into my old email archive to retrieve my password every time I want to log into AMG. :tdown

Hate to look a gift horse (free service) in the mouth, but simple things - like having to log in every time I visit, despite accepting cookies on my computer - does wear me down.

This is what really gets at me. I find this very annoying, especially since AMG assigns your password. So it's a random series of numbers and letters rather than something you'd bother to memorize. As a result, I have to dig into my old email archive to retrieve my password every time I want to log into AMG. :tdown

Huh?

I registered months back and have never had to enter my password since. Gives me full access without a second thought...

I find that to be a slow site quite often, more often than not.

Agreed, but it's been dog-dead-slow for the last two days. Three quarter's of the time (or more!) it won't even come up at all. And when it does, the response times are like 30 seconds or more.

Lately, I will enter a search, the site will initiate the search, then it will seem to abandon it before it is completed. No results are returned. This happens occasionally, not always, but enought to be an annoyance. I thought the old site was much easier to use. BTW, don't you think they want an awful lot of personal information during registration? For example, do they really need your household income?

Lately, I will enter a search, the site will initiate the search, then it will seem to abandon it before it is completed. No results are returned. This happens occasionally, not always, but enought to be an annoyance.

Yep--that happened to me four or five times earlier today. In the past half-hour it seems to be working halfway decently again.

Same here.

you are allowed to lie about your income

Should I lie upwards or downwards? :ph34r:

Anyway, by the time my wife and kids are through with the paycheck, I'm not sure what is is anyway ^_^

Lie upwards.

The site is much quicker and more accurate for the rich folks. ;)

Edited by catesta

You can change your password. I've made mine a stupid nonsecure kind that I can remember since Safari & their site don't work together in a way that I am automatically logged in.

You can change your password. I've made mine a stupid nonsecure kind that I can remember since Safari & their site don't work together in a way that I am automatically logged in.

Okay. I'm running Safari at home so that's obviously gotta be the problem.

A couple of years ago i used to use a site called Jazz Valley which i think was based in France. They had pretty complete artists disco's going back to 10" days. Anyway they decided to become a subsription service. Guess what, they folded.

So if AMG has thoughts of becoming a pay service, they ought to rethink their position. Jazz Valley had much more accurate data then AMG and still could not make it as a pay service. Oh yeah, JV was alot faster also.