MOUNTAIN BIKING SEASON HAS ARRIVED!

Just curious,,, Joe G and I are avid mountain bikers and are planning to squeeze in as many rides as possible between now and next Winter's return..

Michigan has some of the best trails in the US.. If you live in or near Mich or plan to visit Michigan and would like to ride let me know... There are plenty of bike rental outlets and I've got a Yakima 2 bike carrier on the back of my car.. :)

Dude, I can't wait to get out. I might try this weekend if the rains hold off. I have been training at the gym for the last three months so the first ride won't kick my ass this year.

In Minnesota there are some super trails as well. Looking forward to a couple of races in September.

I'm a rider of the Trek 830 sort.

Oh YEAH! :rlol

I'm old school--1993 Bridgestone MB5 (top-mounted shifters) and a 1995 Barracuda A2M. I LOVE my bikes. Haven't had much of a chance to do a lot of offroad since moving to Philly, but would love to take a long weekend for some tasty Mich singletrack. Could we possibly organize an org bike trip?

Hmmm....I'll check mileage from Philly!

Randy, I await your (and Joe's) trip to my town to ride the Whitehall to Hart trail. You can bike about 2000 feet, stop at my house, drink lots of beer and be on your way. The Wesco in Montague will provide a rest room so you can move on. :)

Chuck,

I'm very familiar with the Hart-Montaque trail. I first started riding it back in 1993 when they first paved it and opened to the public.. I've had some very memorable rides on that trail... Like the time I lost a wallet with around $250. in it. Within a couple of days I got a call from someone in New Era who had found my wallet and returned it to me with total contents intact!!!

Would you be joining us for the ride?

Dude, I can't wait to get out. I might try this weekend if the rains hold off. I have been training at the gym for the last three months so the first ride won't kick my ass this year.

In Minnesota there are some super trails as well. Looking forward to a couple of races in September.

I'm a rider of the Trek 830 sort.

If you can get to the UP we could maybe ride Grand island off of Munising Bay. It's an awesome ride!

I ride a Giant NRS 2..

Oh YEAH! :rlol

I'm old school--1993 Bridgestone MB5 (top-mounted shifters) and a 1995 Barracuda A2M. I LOVE my bikes. Haven't had much of a chance to do a lot of offroad since moving to Philly, but would love to take a long weekend for some tasty Mich singletrack. Could we possibly organize an org bike trip?

Hmmm....I'll check mileage from Philly!

Let's plan a ride.. Let us know when you have time to do it...

I plan to ride my mountain bike to work and back every day, about 6.5 miles one way. Last summer was the first time in about 14 years that I had even been on a bike so I took it easy and only biked one way each day and had my wife drive me the rest of the time. Great way to get some good listening in on my mp3 player too

I plan to ride my mountain bike to work and back every day, about 6.5 miles one way. Last summer was the first time in about 14 years that I had even been on a bike so I took it easy and only biked one way each day and had my wife drive me the rest of the time. Great way to get some good listening in on my mp3 player too

That's how I get to work every day. Of course, in a month or so it's going to be unbearably hot down here. That's the time of year when you leave a little earlier and go a little slower. For now, though, I can haul ass without working up a tremendous sweat. It's a beautiful thing.....

Edited by Brandon Burke

CX, baby!  Be a man.

Word UP!

I used to race road, a little cross. Now I just tool around on my fixie and hope to regain some of my riding chops this year. Won't be catting up or anything, though (too many beers and french fries over the past two years)!

Road, cross and fixed gears. Reads like my bio. Alas, if I only had any athletic ability... Heck, I'd take a reasonably good sense of balance and a reaction time that allows me to evade a few Buicks.

My trackstand ability is shot these days...

Now I live in Minneapolis, where there are fewer Buicks. Hummers, though, remain a problem.

Hummers are about the most vain and idiotic vehicles on the market.. What kind of people waste their bucks on a vehicle that looks like an armored truck and gets so many gallons to the mile? :unsure:

That's how I get to work every day. Of course, in a month or so it's going to be unbearably hot down here. That's the time of year when you leave a little earlier and go a little slower. For now, though, I can haul ass without working up a tremendous sweat. It's a beautiful thing.....

I, too, bike commute about 6.5 miles each way to work on a "vintage" 1990 Giant Iguana. Though it wouldn't be called a MTB or ATB today (no suspension), that's exactly what it was when I bought it.

I do the bike commute nearly every day, winter or summer, rain or shine. It helps that I can shower and change at the university rec center.

Since you asked, reasons I bike commute in order of importance:

1. Riding bikes is fun

2. Keeps me out of rush hour drive time

3. Exercise

4. Leaves the car for the wife and family

5a. Saves gas money

5b. Deprives wahabbist terrorists of needed funding

6. Good for the environment