Van Dyke Parks - Child Actor

JSngry

57 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I am not at all easily triggered, at least not as I understand it's current meaning. But knowing now what was then left unspoken, there are some spots that are a bit, uh....squirmy-squeamish.

+1

Looking at these kinds of things through modern eyes can be pretty damn creepy.

Tastes differ, but I wouldn't invest a full hour.

Pretty impressive personnel, though. Arthur Hill became a big-time Hollywood director, Elaine Stritch was a Broadway legend, etc.

Edited by T.D.

That "boy in short pants and bow tie" thing... I think it was on its way out right around the time I was born. Either way, it hung on long enough in certain circles into the later 60s to the point that if the boy in question was old enough to speak in complete sentences...it was Too Cute For Comfort.

And just look at how at the end of the last scene, Parks leans in for a kiss of approval and JUST KEEPS LEANING IN... omfg. 

12 hours ago, JSngry said:

That "boy in short pants and bow tie" thing... I think it was on its way out right around the time I was born. Either way, it hung on long enough in certain circles into the later 60s to the point that if the boy in question was old enough to speak in complete sentences...it was Too Cute For Comfort.

And just look at how at the end of the last scene, Parks leans in for a kiss of approval and JUST KEEPS LEANING IN... omfg. 

The last scene's song and dance routine in Scout uniforms / short pants totally creeped me out...didn't make it through to the lean.

Edited by T.D.