Jamaaladeen Tacuma Corner

randyhersom

Lots of new Jamaladeen Tacuma dropped on Bandcamp recently (25 releases now listed), including a previously unreleased trio with Khan Jamal and duets with Mary Halvorson.  Four of the Grammavision releases are included.

Although I haven't kept up with all of his releases, I was aware of him before his first sideman date was even released.  Walt Dickerson brought a prerelease pressing of his second Steeplechase date, Serendipity to WRTI while I was there and spoke highly of the young electric bassist on the date, then credited as Rudy McDaniel.  After that he went on to a 12 year association with Ornette Coleman's Prime Time.  This previous thread discusses a tribute album he did to Ornette:  

The download price on all that I have looked at is $15 US, a little high, but I still may go for three items.  The aforementioned Khan Jamal trio and two by Free Form Funky Freqs, a trio with Vernon Reid and G Calvin Weston.

I'll mention another Bandcamp release that's slightly related in passing.  A college years acquaintance of mine, keyboardist Jim Kost recorded a disc of duets with G. Calvin Weston entitled Stone Church.  Tends toward fusion with a touch of prog rock, but I enjoy it.

Any thoughts on Jamaaladeen Tacuma?

5 hours ago, randyhersom said:

Lots of new Jamaladeen Tacuma dropped on Bandcamp recently (25 releases now listed), including a previously unreleased trio with Khan Jamal and duets with Mary Halvorson.  Four of the Grammavision releases are included.

Although I haven't kept up with all of his releases, I was aware of him before his first sideman date was even released.  Walt Dickerson brought a prerelease pressing of his second Steeplechase date, Serendipity to WRTI while I was there and spoke highly of the young electric bassist on the date, then credited as Rudy McDaniel.  After that he went on to a 12 year association with Ornette Coleman's Prime Time.  This previous thread discusses a tribute album he did to Ornette:  

The download price on all that I have looked at is $15 US, a little high, but I still may go for three items.  The aforementioned Khan Jamal trio and two by Free Form Funky Freqs, a trio with Vernon Reid and G Calvin Weston.

I'll mention another Bandcamp release that's slightly related in passing.  A college years acquaintance of mine, keyboardist Jim Kost recorded a disc of duets with G. Calvin Weston entitled Stone Church.  Tends toward fusion with a touch of prog rock, but I enjoy it.

Any thoughts on Jamaaladeen Tacuma?

Could you pls provide a link for the unreleased Trio with Khan Jamal .... ?