MLB 2023: how ya like it now?

Hoping for pitching to show up for the final dance whichever way it goes. And I am not sure about Texas' park but it really seems like both Philly and Houston play like total little league dimensions. 

And the Phils are impressive but not quite the same advantage having won at home.  D-Backs can still make this a series.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of my Astros friends are trying to reassure me that "we (the Astros) suck at home," to which I reply, "yeah, but we (the Rangers) just suck." The momentum is completely in Houston's favor and it is now their series to lose. Tried not to get emotionally invested in this series and then Altuve's 9th-inning swat (which I called but nobody was around to hear) was like my heart getting ripped out and stomped all over again like it was 2011 again.

Perhaps this year will be karmic kompensation for 2011?!?!

If so, I'll take it! But with this core of talent, I'm still looking forward to one or (many) more teams that wins the old-school way.

Until then, though, at the end of the roller coaster, there they were, staying on for the last ride of the night 

Ride well, Rangers!!! 

The unexpected A.L. Champions

https://www.lonestarball.com/2023/10/24/23930128/the-unexpected-a-l-champions

These are the Chumbawumba Rangers — throughout the season, they’ve been knocked down, but they get up again. You’re never going to keep them down.

The results are in now, and yes, this.

For now... 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

A little bit of the dude who got drilled (and won MVP for the series) is going a long way for me.  A little more pimping and I'll be rooting for the NL team to drill him a time or two. Lucky that he stole 2B after that long single. If it weren't the playoffs I'd like to see an informal suspension when shit like that happens.

My 2c.

One last thing about Adolis. He had his interpreter there for his MVP acceptance speech, but he delivered it all in English (and pretty good English at that).

People hearing him for the first time might think that that's no big deal, but watching him regularly here, it is. He only began to publicly attempt English around May or June, and then only with Emily Jones. He would falter, and need the interpreter, but Emily speaks enough Spanish to offer encouragement, both about playing and about communicating in English.

Don't let the exuberance fool you. This is a very serious young man for whom constant improvement seems to be a guiding principle. 

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

Some fresh faces! 

Which, just two years ago, each lost over 100 games:  Diamondbacks, 110 (and tied with the 2023 AL East Champion Orioles that year) and Rangers, 102.

Either of those accomplishments is pretty remarkable, but both squaring off in the World Series two years later is downright ridiculous.

11 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

It’s a Southwest Series!

Something to say for warmer weather when it stretches into November.