What music did you buy today?

tonym

Just shipped:

41eLE22iMIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Radio Radio: Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour (4-CD)

41aEwJb5ZSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Bob Dylan Radio Radio Vol. 2 (4-CD)

Two collections of the very cool and eclectic music by a wide variety of artists played on Dylan's Theme Time Radio program. Both can currently be had new/sealed at a great price via Amazon marketplace sellers. I'm really looking forward to giving these a spin.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldies.com failed me so I ordered these titles elsewhere before they disappeared and before the prices became too prohibitive. Just a note to those who don't know or to reiterate to those who do, Oldies.com customer service is horrible unless you like non-responsive replies to any questions you might have that require any kind of effort on their part and that's assuming they even bother to reply.

I like west coast jazz so to round out the Nocturne Records collection I ordered:

d72055lpygx.jpg

Harry Babsin / Bob Enevoldsen - Jazz In Hollywood

d087770v0hp.jpg

Virgil Gonsalves / Steve White - Jazz In Hollywood

d98274qw218.jpg

Bud Shank / Lou Levy - Jazz In Hollywood

Edited by mikelz777

A positive comment regarding Oldies: Twice (out of maybe 60 cds ordered) they shipped the wrong cd. I sent each cd back paying for my own postage. When the credit came through it included the price of the cd and the postage I paid. That shows they have integrity dealing with customers.

Yes, but they were only doing what they should do without even asking. (When Concord sent me a wrong CD, they had me keep it and rushed the correct CD to me at no extra charge.) Have our expectations sunk so low that we consider it a virtue when online retailers actually do what they are supposed to do? (Sorry, my bitterness is still fresh. I will still probably use Oldies in the future, but only as a last resort.)

Edited by mikelz777

In the mail today:

Ives Plays Ives - The Complete Recordings of Charles Ives at the Piano, 1933-1943 (New World)

The Six and Seven-Eighths String Band of New Orleans (Smithsonian Folkways)

Let me know how the Six and Seven-Eights compares to the American Music double CD.

Will do when I get a chance to listen to it.