What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I revisited the Oldies.com Fantasy warehouse sale and got the following in the mail today:

d08763h815f.jpgd0873192y21.jpg

Herbie Harper - Jazz in Hollywood

Steve White Quartet - Jazz In Hollywood

41GY50F1W1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Coleman Hawkins - The Hawk Relaxes

Three more titles were ordered but not shipped. For those of you who have experience with the warehouse sale, is it likely that these will eventually ship? None of the three are out of stock according to the web site but two of them are "limited". Past experience with their customer (dis)service doesn't exactly have me rushing to them for an answer.

I revisited the Oldies.com Fantasy warehouse sale and got the following in the mail today:

d08763h815f.jpgd0873192y21.jpg

Herbie Harper - Jazz in Hollywood

Steve White Quartet - Jazz In Hollywood

41GY50F1W1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Coleman Hawkins - The Hawk Relaxes

Three more titles were ordered but not shipped. For those of you who have experience with the warehouse sale, is it likely that these will eventually ship? None of the three are out of stock according to the web site but two of them are "limited". Past experience with their customer (dis)service doesn't exactly have me rushing to them for an answer.

I ordered 16 a couple of months ago and got 8. When I followed a link in their e-mail, I found that the balance of orders doesn't get filled if it's not filled within 30 days of the first dispatch date. So I can wish for those 8, if I want to use up my three wishes fruitlessly.

MG

my worlds records order - happy chanukah to me!!!

Itemcode Label Label# Description Price Each Quantity Subtotal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

61730 UPTOWN JAZZ #2752 CARL FONTANA - FRANK ROSOLINO - CARL FONTANA, TROMBONE HEAVEN, VANCOUVER, 1978: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

49896 UPTOWN JAZZ #2750 CHARLIE ROUSE - SOCIAL CALL: CD $17.00 1 $17.00

64713 UPTOWN JAZZ #2760 KENNY DORHAM - THE FLAMBOYAN, QUEENS, NEW YORK, 1963: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

64712 UPTOWN JAZZ #2759 PHILLY JOE JONES DAMERONIA - LOOK, STOP AND LISTEN: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

23780 UPTOWN JAZZ #2747 BARRY HARRIS - FOR THE MOMENT: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

18383 UPTOWN JAZZ #2741 KENNY BARRON - NEW YORK ATTITUDE: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

19601 UPTOWN JAZZ #2739 DON SICKLER - NIGHT WATCH: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

19312 UPTOWN JAZZ #2732 JIMMY GOURLEY - THE LEFT BANK OF N.Y.: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

19599 UPTOWN JAZZ #2737 DENSIL PINNOCK - I WAITED FOR YOU: CD $16.00 1 $16.00

Went to Amoeba's today to get myself a Christmas present, and I found great prices on these two pristine used Oscar Peterson box sets:

Clef/Mercury Studio Recordings of the Oscar Peterson Trio (1951-1953) Mosaic Records

Debut: The Celf/Mercury Duo Recordings 1949-1951 Hip-O-Select

Amoeba must have a new pricer for used cds because together the price came to $123.56. Usually Amoeba gives you no favors in pricing Mosaics or othe box sets of worth.

Edited by Matthew

Recently:

James P. Johnson -- "The Original James P. Johnson 1942-1945" (smithsonian folkways)

Charlie Parker -- "Complete Jazz at Massey Hall" (jazz factory)

Charlie Parker -- "Complete Onyx Recordings" (definitive)

Charlie Parker -- "Giant Among Giants, Complete" (definitive)

Fats Waller -- "Fats Waller and His Buddies" (rca)

Fats Waller -- "Handful of Keys" (proper)

Clarence Williams -- "Vol 1 1923" (epm)

Clarence Williams -- "Vol 2 1923 - 1925" (epm)

Clarence Williams and the Blues Singers -- "Complete Recorded Works, Vol. 2 1923-1932" (document)

Clarence Williams -- "Dreaming the Hours Away" (frog)

Charles Tyler -- "Saga of the Outlaws" (nessa)

Yes- One of these things is not like to others! :rolleyes:

James Brown -- James Brown Singles Vol 8 1972 to 1973

Gary Bartz -- Ive Known Rivers & Other Bodies

Pinton/Kullhammar/Zetterberg/Nordeson -- Chant

Godforgottens -- Never Forgotten Always Remembered

Havard Stubo Quartet -- Way Up(Way Down)

Havard Stubo/Daniel Franck/Hakon M Johansen -- Wes!

Joe Morris/Barre Phillips -- Elm City Duets 2006

There's a used record store in the suburbs of Atlanta that usually seems to have mostly swing and traditional stuff in the jazz section. A friend stopped by there a couple of days ago and told me to get down there right away - he had seen a Steve Lacy album he wasn't familiar with. I stopped by today - it was The Kiss on the Japanese Lunatic label. Never expected to ever see this one, much less find a copy at a reasonable price. Also got a few more gems - Cecil Taylor Unit Live in Vienna on Leo, a Japanese Sheila Jordan, and a Peter Ind album on his Wave label. Even picked up a few 78s.

There's a used record store in the suburbs of Atlanta that usually seems to have mostly swing and traditional stuff in the jazz section. A friend stopped by there a couple of days ago and told me to get down there right away - he had seen a Steve Lacy album he wasn't familiar with. I stopped by today - it was The Kiss on the Japanese Lunatic label. Never expected to ever see this one, much less find a copy at a reasonable price. Also got a few more gems - Cecil Taylor Unit Live in Vienna on Leo, a Japanese Sheila Jordan, and a Peter Ind album on his Wave label. Even picked up a few 78s.

Nice haul!

Albert Ayler -- "Live in Greenwich Village: The Complete Impulse Recordings"

Had this on iTunes a while ago. Now gone. Right at the moment, I can't imagine a more perfect set of recordings I should listen to.

41Y42KD5AFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Holy Ghost is a mutha of a track!

It suddenly made perfect sense. I'm listening to all this early jazz, New Orleans jazz, and also a pretty healthy dose of free-leaning music.

:excited:

Nice Christmas haul:

Hamid Drake and Sabir Mateen-Brothers Together-Eremite

Hamid Drake-Soul Bodies Vol. I-Ayler Records

William Parker and Hamid Drake-Piercing the Veil-AUM Fidelity

Charles Mingus-Right Now: Live at the Jazz Workshop-Debut/OJC

Peter Brotzmann/Friss Nielson/Peter Uuskyla-Medicina-UMS

Peter Brotzmann-More Nipples-UMS

Sun Ra Arkestra-Myron's Ballroom-Transparency