my Mosaic order

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree with Craig. I've bought a lot of oop sets on ebay and have never had a situation where I was cursing the seller. They were all in really good condition, some almost perfect.

I dunno. I bought an OOP Art Blakey CD from Brad on eBay a few years ago, and now look at me! The CD is still in great condition, but my fingers are just about worn out with all this posting! :(

Here's an old one I just found:

Order Date: 03/26/99

150-MD-CD JACKIE MCLEAN $64

154-MD-CD JIMMY SMITH $48

170-MD-CD ANDREW HILL $112

Merchandise Total $224.00

Shipping and Handling $12.00

Total $236.00

What a bargain!

Feel like passing that Smith on? I could just manage 48 bucks now... B-)

• 1 month later...

On another thread I had been considering the Beirach and Reece Selects. I thought I'd pamper myself since just had some oral surgery and thought I needed something to "reward" myself. I picked up both of those and I added the Roulete Teagarden and Hacket Capitol sets.

I am very weak

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed the following over Thanksgiving:

Byrd/Adams - #2875

Gerald Wilson - #3062

Wilson only seriously entered my mind about 6 weeks ago when looking up info about another Mosaic. :rolleyes: And after picking up some OJC titles by Teddy Wilson & Harold Land, the fate was sealed. Beautiful stuff. Looks like a long-term plan will be to find more of his work, both early & late.

The Byrd & Adams had been on my mind for quite some time as they make such a great team. It did not disappoint.

So many more on the hunting list!

On another thread I had been considering the Beirach and Reece Selects.  I thought I'd pamper myself since  just had some oral surgery and thought I needed something to "reward" myself.  I picked up both of those and I added the  Roulete Teagarden and Hacket Capitol sets. 

I am very weak

I went to the dentist today -- not oral surgery, but they did jam pointy metal objects in to my teeth. Does that count? ;)

Let's see, that Wilson set is on my list, plus I don't have the J. J. Johnson yet. Oh, and there were a few selects I wanted, too.... B-)

I went to the dentist today -- not oral surgery, but they did jam pointy metal objects in to my teeth. Does that count? ;)

Let's see, that Wilson set is on my list, plus I don't have the J. J. Johnson yet. Oh, and there were a few selects I wanted, too.... B-)

Pointy metal objects in your teeth? That definitely counts. :tup

Was there blood? Was the gag reflex stimulated at any time? Did they perhaps accidently poke your lip or gums with the pointy metal objects? If any or all of the above occurred you could be entitled to additional sets. B-)

Pointy metal objects in your teeth?  That definitely counts.  :tup 

Was there blood?  Was the gag reflex stimulated at any time?  Did they perhaps accidently poke your lip or gums with the pointy metal objects?  If any or all of the above occurred you could be entitled to additional sets.  B-)

:tup:tup B-)

No blood or accidental pokes, so I guess I only get one regular set and one select:

Mosaic Select: Dizzy Reece (MS-011)

Item :MS-011 Price : $39.00

Ship Via : DOMESTIC SHIPPING

The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of Gerald Wilson (#198)

Item :198-MD-CD Price : $80.00

Ship Via : DOMESTIC SHIPPING

• 2 months later...

those "last chance's" will really do it to you! :huh:

here's my order:

The following items will ship within the next 24 hours:

Item Qty Qty Qty

Expected

Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck.

By

---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- --------

-------

-

196-MD-CD WOODY HERMAN - CAPITOL 1.00 1.00 0.00

MS-013 MOSAIC SELECT- DON PULLEN 1.00 0.00 1.00

MS-002 MOSAIC SELECT-CARMELL JONES 1.00 1.00 0.00

If any items are currently out of stock, they are listed below and back

ordered items usually ship in 1 -2 weeks:

Item Qty Qty Qty

Expected

Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck.

By

---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- --------

-------

-

MS-013 MOSAIC SELECT- DON PULLEN 1.00 0.00 1.00

now why is the pullen select on back orderf??!!! :angry::blink::wacko:

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend gave me a 100 dollar gift certificate for Christmas. I was amazed I was able to hold out this long (actually came more from indecisiveness- I never just have free shopping there!!!)... but I finally gave in the other day.

Instead of splurging on one big set, I decided to nab a few of the Selects. Included in the order:

Dizzy Reece

Art Pepper

Curtis Amy

Hope I won't be kicking myself about the Hank Mobley any time soon.... seems like that one's gotta be getting near the endangered species list.

Hope I won't be kicking myself about the Hank Mobley any time soon.... seems like that one's gotta be getting near the endangered species list.

Chudyd4,

I ordered the Mobley 1 month ago and it was still in the mid 4000's, so unless it times

out (or they let it rest) it's probably good for the decade.