Jazz Crusaders 'Powerhouse'

sidewinder

'Powerhouse' - Jazz Crusaders

I've got my eye on a nice World Pacific LP copy of this one and was wondering if there were any opinions/thoughts from the board membership regarding the quality of the session. I'm hoping that it's along the lines of 'Uh Huh', which I like a lot and is also from around this vintage (1968). Looking at the list of tunes, it would appear that Buster Williams' 'Firewater' is on there so the omens are good.. B)

Thanks in advance !

• 18 years later...

As mentioned elsewhere by me and others, this is a solid effort from the Jazz Crusaders and a personal favorite of mine. Especially, there is some interesting material, such as two seldom-played Bacharach tunes - 'Promises, Promises' and 'Upstairs' - which I've never heard played any better than this.

Now on to some serious questions: why does Buster Williams have two cigarettes on the cover photo? Different flavors, or maybe he had to hold Wilton Felder's cigarrette while he was tapping the dog?

MDUtNTk1Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by Daniel A