Jump to content

Tracks Similar to Blue Mitchell's "I'll Close My Eyes"


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been absolutely OBSESSED recently with Blue Mitchell's take on the tune "I'll close my eyes". As a trumpet player it's one of my favorite tunes, and I've transcribed the whole solo. The phrases he plays are so easy on the ear yet complex and everything about his playing is amazing! The only problem is I've literally listened to this track a few hundred times in the past few months. Does anyone know of some similar tracks to dig into that scratch that same melodic bebop itch? I'd love to hear some new stuff.

Posted

Not sure if this is what you may be looking for, but Kenny Burrell does a lovely reading of this song (from late 50s, I believe).  

I am surprised that there aren't more versions of "I'll Close My Eyes."  At least, I have heard very few.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...