Comedy Central's Top 100 Stand-ups of all time

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

home-photo-johnny.jpg

This guy killed me every time.

Him I don't recognize.

I noticed him initially on the original (1979) version of a show called "Make Me Laugh" (hosted by the legendary Bobby Van... who was married to the even more legendary Elaine Joyce)........ :rolleyes:

Here's another guy who was on that show:

billkirchenbauer.jpg

home-photo-johnny.jpg

This guy killed me every time.

Him I don't recognize.

I noticed him initially on the original (1979) version of a show called "Make Me Laugh" (hosted by the legendary Bobby Van... who was married to the even more legendary Elaine Joyce)........ :rolleyes:

Hey - Elaine Joyce was a BABE!

So, who is that guy?

George Wallace but not Nipsey Russell?

I agree, but George Wallace can be pretty funny. I like the mileage and good nature he takes out of his name, and he also does a funny bit about banks and especially their asking you whether anyone else is authorized to make deposits.

Who put this ten thousand dollars in my account??? Take it out!!!!

Elaine Joyce's true babeosity is not well-served by still photography, I fear.

She was BUBBLY!

av-42.gif ... :excited:

Okay, I shouldn't torture you forever. I thought maybe somebody else might recognize... Johnny Dark.

The fat guy is Bill Kirchenbauer (sp?)

My choices for two most overrated comedians of all time: Lenny Bruce and Sam Kinnison. Just based on the material I've heard, mind you, maybe with Bruce I never heard the good stuff... These two may be influential, but funny? Maybe I'm just too serious.

Okay, my argument with Chris Rock...and now for that matter...about Lenny Bruce is that had it not been for Bruce breaking ground there wouldn't have been a George Carlin or a Richard Pryor...or a Chris Rock for that matter (although I have been known to exploit the transgressive power of the "F" word...as in my very first publication "Meditations on Crime and Fucking"...for the most part I tended to lean more towards the absurd in my humor rather than the obscene). You also have to remember that Bruce had a reputation as an "angry young man" and his humor should viewed in that light (it's often "stick it to the man" funny or "I can't believe he said that " funny rather than "ha-ha" funny).

Yeah, I understand his reputation, Alexander, but I don't laugh at reputations. If a stand-up makes me think in addition to laughing, that definitely elevatest him. But he's gotta make me laugh first, you know? That said, I'm not really knocking Bruce, because I'm far more familiar with his rep than his material.