NBA Playoffs...

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some underdogs. The Lakers won only two more regular season games than the Pistons, and were without their starting power forward for virtually the whole series. In addition, Horace Grant was not healthy to play in Malone's place. We were left with Slava and Walton to guard Rasheed.

So, if the Lakers had been the number 8 seed and had suited up Noj at power forward, they still would have been the favorite because of what happened a few seasons ago with different personnel. I guess.

Hey, I didn't say it made sense. But everyone thought the Lakers would sweep the Pistons or win it in 5 or 6. Except those of us who have watched the Pistons all year and realized that they play much better than anyone thought.

ss1's attitude here before the series began was indictative of what the majority of people thought. But you can't beat team basketball.

I thought the Lakers would win, but I'm optimistic. I never expect a sweep, but I do expect them to win every game. Funny how that works.

Hats off to the Pistons, NBA Champs. I'll stop making an ass of myself now, if I can help it. ^_^

Hey, I didn't say it made sense. But everyone thought the Lakers would sweep the Pistons or win it in 5 or 6. Except those of us who have watched the Pistons all year and realized that they play much better than anyone thought.

ss1's attitude here before the series began was indictative of what the majority of people thought. But you can't beat team basketball.

Hell, even you stated in this thread that the Pacers would win that series. How silly does that seem now?

Apologies to the Pacer fans in the house. ;)

May I remind you guys of the 1986 playoffs when the Patriots were called for a highly questionable "roughing the passer" penalty while winning the game.  The Raiders went on to win the game, and the Super Bowl.

You don't hear us Pats fans whining about that kind of garbage.

You see, if the Pats were good enough, they would have found a way to win anyway.

Same for the Oakland Raiders of 2002.

Now stop your whining.... :lol:  -_-  :g

You mean 1984, right? In 1986, the Patriots DID make it to the Super Bowl only to be dispatched 46-10 by an awesome Chicago Bears team.

Aw fudge....

I think it was 1976 actually... :wacko:

I don't remember the damned year!

Hey, I didn't say it made sense.  But everyone thought the Lakers would sweep the Pistons or win it in 5 or 6.  Except those of us who have watched the Pistons all year and realized that they play much better than anyone thought.

ss1's attitude here before the series began was indictative of what the majority of people thought.  But you can't beat team basketball.

Hell, even you stated in this thread that the Pacers would win that series. How silly does that seem now?

Apologies to the Pacer fans in the house. ;)

........I'm waiting..........hello????? :rolleyes:

I hope no one takes these sports arguments personally.  Don't hate me for my loyalties! :g

I wouldn't worry about it, Noj. I doubt that anyone would hold it against you or anyone else for your sports' loyalties.

Whaddya think this is, politics????? :lol:;):P:w

You're a Patriots fan? You lowlife, scum sucking....

Old:

Fox is done. The Glove played so bad in the Lakers' system he should leave or retire. Will the Mailman try to heal up and play again or will he hang them up too?

Gone?:

Fisher, Medvedenko, Rush....KOBE....PHIL?

I think the Lakers will resign Kobe and Phil to big new contracts, but a lot of others don't. I know I would if I were Dr. Buss. What's the consensus?

Phil's gone.

It's a big man's game these days. Shaq and a decent supporting cast minus Kobe stands a better chance than Kobe and a decent supporting cast minus Shaq. The ideal would be for both of them to take a little more responsibility as TEAM players, be that getting in better shape and honing some OTHER skills or be that being less concerned with whose team it is, but since that ain't gonna happen, I'd have to say stick w/Shaq, at least as things stand right now.

Just my opinion, and I'm glad it ain't my problem. ;)

Phil's gone.

It's a big man's game these days. Shaq and a decent supporting cast minus Kobe stands a better chance than Kobe and a decent supporting cast minus Shaq. The ideal would be for both of them to take a little more responsibility as TEAM players, be that getting in better shape and honing some OTHER skills or be that being less concerned with whose team it is, but since that ain't gonna happen, I'd have to say stick w/Shaq, at least as things stand right now.

Just my opinion, and I'm glad it ain't my problem. ;)

If Kobe goes, why wouldn't Phil stay? In an interview Jeannie Buss (Phil's girlfriend and daughter of Laker owner Jerry) said she was "95% sure" Phil was staying.

I think Kobe and Phil could both stay, personally. The internal conflicts seem blown out of proportion by the media and wild speculation.

I agree, it is still Shaq's team. I hear Shaq and TMac are friends... ;)

Edited by Noj