those crazy gifs!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My twin brother bought me a 13 DVD set of videos from televised Portland professional wrestling in the '70's. For those who have an appreciation of such things, the videos include appearances by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka and Jesse Ventura (yes, that Jesse Ventura) when they were just starting their careers in wrestling. None of those guys could have been more than about 25 years old. This is long, long before Vince McMahon had even thought of the WWF.

The really freaky thing is at the end of one of the matches when they were showing close-ups of some of the people in the crowd, there was my ex-wife. Not only that but it had to be me standing next to her. A bunch of us used to go every now and then just for grins. Quite the coincidence.

Up over and out.

My twin brother bought me a 13 DVD set of videos from televised Portland professional wrestling in the '70's. For those who have an appreciation of such things, the videos include appearances by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka and Jesse Ventura (yes, that Jesse Ventura)

Don't forget the great used car deals from Friendly Chevrolet!

Edit: to add a shout out to "Tough" Tony Borne and "Dutch" Savage! :ph34r:

Edited by DukeCity

My twin brother bought me a 13 DVD set of videos from televised Portland professional wrestling in the '70's. For those who have an appreciation of such things, the videos include appearances by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka and Jesse Ventura (yes, that Jesse Ventura)

Don't forget the great used car deals from Friendly Chevrolet!

Edit: to add a shout out to "Tough" Tony Borne and "Dutch" Savage! :ph34r:

You must mean Joe "Come out and kick a tire or two" Cahan at "Friendly Chevrolet" in Lake Oswego. Yes to Tony Borne and yes to the Dutchman who, by the way, is now a preacher in Hazel Dell, Washington. Also, Lonnie Mayne, Shag Thomas, Stan Stasiuk, Haru Sasaki, Kurt Von Poppenheim and many, many others. Yup, those were the days.

Up over and out.

• 5 years later...