All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The music is OK, but somewhat generic. At this point, having heard it only once, I can't say that I'd recommend it. I prefer individual albums by Hamilton (Tenorshoes) & Vaché (Polished Brass) much more. Both of these LPs feature smaller ensembles, which seem better suited to these players.
  3. The Cannonball's, the Lateef, and the Waldron/Lacy will look great on my shelves!
  4. There are three more scenes posted on YT. If Cannon didn't pass that year, he had a great career in TV acting waiting for him...
  5. Today
  6. Yesterday
  7. Listening to the Moncur select and finding I have two copies of disc one. I remember there being some cock up but can anyone remind me why the disc had to be reissued? I have searched and can’t see an explanation. Great set but a shame only part of ‘Bout Soul included.
  8. That is absolute horse shit logic of the first degree from major labels. Sucks that Spotify caved.
  9. That's what we do here in Merika--we tear down what is hardly old so that we can make money demo'ing and rebuilding. It's nutty but it's the Way.
  10. A new version of this monumental music will be out this week, sourced from a better source tape supposedly–that said I love the sound on this Japanese set and wanted to give the second disc a spin tonight. Rollins was really something else at this time (and beyond!) Sonny Rollins “Complete A Night at the.Village Vanguard” 24 Bit by RVG TOCJ 2 cd set Blue Note Japan
  11. Third rate? Wiki: His films as a leading actor have grossed over $13 billion worldwide, making him one of the highest-grossing actors of all time. Pratt was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2015.
  12. How is this one? I never really dug these guys, but I always liked how their records looked. Something about the late 1970s jazz ecosystem.
  13. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/apr/19/chris-pratt-katherine-schwarzenegger-zimmerman-destroy-historic-house-los-angeles
  14. A friend sent me this today. It;s so out there I thought it would be on here somewhere, but a search didn't turn up anything:
  15. Pete Christlieb, Jim Hughart, Tom Ranier, Charles Harris, Slyde Hyde – Late Night Jazz ... 2001
  16. Look above in this thread, this was just offered with membership in the LA Jazz Institute and that opportunity has apparently ended.
  17. with Roy Campbell, Richard Dunbar, Curtis Clark, Wilbur Morris & John Betsch - 1984
  18. Keiji Haino & Peter Brötzmann - 'The Beginning Or The End, Which Will Be The First To Admit It's Opponent' from the Black Editions box set
  19. This may well lead to a fragmentation of the market, similar to what we already know from movie platforms... Which is certainly not in the interest of listeners... While there's stuff not to like about Spotify, it did seem to correspond to a model that maximized the power of listeners to the detriment of labels and artists (with the threat of Napster in the background)... Curious how this all will play out...
  20. Okay, that was my bad.. 😵 Not only may it cost me some money but I apparently have forgotten all the live sets I do own.... I hate getting old....
  21. As of this month, under pressure from major labels, Spotify introduced a new policy of no royalties paid for tracks that get less than 1000 streams per year (similar policy has been introduced by other streaming services as well). Less than 1000 streams per track per year - this probably covers 99% of the jazz and classical music (particularly the contemporary artists). I wonder if this would result in more artists / small labels abandoning Spotify and moving to bandcamp. Reading this news while listening to recent Miya Masaoka / Reggie Workman / Gerry Hemingway release on Spotify. What's the number of streams, you ask? 21 per month.
  1. Load more activity