• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, there was a big tent set up to demo quad sound. Probably some hi-fi dealer, you know how big that used to be back then. Total State Fair concept, sell it at the fair, lol.

That was their demo record of choice, on an 8-Track no less, IIRC. It played in a loop for hours on end.

Go figure THAT.

18 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Indeed!  And don't forget Andy Gonzalez, Jerry Gonzalez, and Steve Berrios -- the "Fort Apache Band" contingent. ;) 

One helluva band, for sure.

It was one of the very first CDs I ever bought - in the long box. Liked it so much that I eventually bought the vinyl !

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 0:05 PM, HutchFan said:

First spin.  Just arrived in the mail about 30 minutes ago.  Already on the 'table.  :g

R-2290938-1553782595-1054.jpeg.jpg

There's a Japanese CD of this that includes extra material that may or may not add value to the LP. Still trying to make up my mind on that one, as the OG LP imprinted a few decades ago.

I love how you can tell what period of Sonny the record or video is by his wardrobe. I don't think people talk about that, because, you know, clothes/wardrobe is "superficial" or "materialistic" or some such, like it's not an organically relevant part of the presentation, to which I say, THE HELL IT IS!

and to everybody else, I say, Good Morning!

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

There's a Japanese CD of this that includes extra material that may or may not add value to the LP. Still trying to make up my mind on that one, as the OG LP imprinted a few decades ago.

I love how you can tell what period of Sonny the record or video is by his wardrobe. I don't think people talk about that, because, you know, clothes/wardrobe is "superficial" or "materialistic" or some such, like it's not an organically relevant part of the presentation, to which I say, THE HELL IT IS!

and to everybody else, I say, Good Morning!

As far as wardrobe goes, people talk about Hendrix's "hat period" and his "headband time."  Why can't we talk about Sonny's silky 70s shirt?!?! 

And what about the HATS?  Sonny can pull off a chapeau as well as anyone.  ;) 

lwsm_c193-12b_sonnyrollins_c_396.jpg

D4of4kyWAAESPMx.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

sonny-rollins.jpg

7cc78bf3b0a921b0016fcf7fa0503435ddb1e4f9

71szA7Umg-L._SL600_.jpg

The man digs his hats!