Euro 2004

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't buy these games but from looking at the BBC accounts, didn't sound like the Germans played too well and looks like with a Dutch win they could be in trouble. I tell you this whole tournament is very competitive. I'm looking foward to seeing some of the games when I'm over in France next week.

Edited by Brad

Wasn't able to watch the second half, so what happened?? 2 - 0 up, result 2 - 3?? What went wrong?

Came to 2-2, no problem yet, but then there was a red card through a typical schwalbe. Fuck Nedved. Absolutely uncalled for as the whole game was very fair.

The dutch were better throughout. I think, for whatever that's worth.

May the Czechs level the Germans and the Dutch LEVEL the Latvians BIG time, then justicy will be.

And may Nedved BURN

no way brownie, no way. Just for the theatre of Nedved they should be banned. In such a game, where there is so much such good football and so much such incredible fairness, a dirty shit trick like this should be haunted down. It was totally uncalled for to show the poor guy the red. Totally.

Italian shit by Nedved there, not like I know him, not at all. Very bad form. Of course the arbiter was NOT on top of things in this WAY fast game, nowhere near and in the end it shows.

Crap to be sure. Let's hope the Dutch get through. They were the better team today, inspite of brownie's wishful post telling us they were not.

What a fantastic match between Czechia and Holland! Certainly the best so far in the tournament. Great attacking play from both sides. It must be really tough for the Dutch to lose it. I kind of felt that both teams deserved to win.

Czechia has already won the group now. The Swedish commentator feared that they might let some of their ordinary players rest in the last match against Germany. Let's hope they put up a good fight against Germany, so the Dutch have a fair chance of qualifying.

Actually, Latvia can still go through too. The first two matches show that they should not be underestimated. They are well organized and defend well and on the top Verpakovskis is fast and dangerous. And they fight with a lot of heart. Still, anything but a Dutch victory would be a sensation of course.

Just watched a few replays and have to agree with couw, Nedved dived, Heitinga did nothing wrong! The referee certainly wasn't on top of things.

The substitution of the excellent Robben by Bosvelt was another one of those "brilliant" mistakes by manager Advocaat (he just admitted it on Dutch TV). That was the turning point of the game. I still think Advocaat should go.

It was totally uncalled for to show the poor guy the red.

In all fairness he only got a yellow card for it. It was only because he already had one that he was sent off.

The Swedish commentator thought the second yellow card was a bit harsh, but not necessarily wrong. I would have to watch a replay to be sure of what really happened there.

The substitution of the excellent Robben by Bosvelt was another one of those "brilliant" mistakes by manager Advocaat (he just admitted it on Dutch TV). That was the turning point of the game.

Yes, this decision was heavily criticized by the Swedish commentator, who felt that Robben had been the best Dutch player, and was causing the Czechs a great deal of trouble.

In all fairness he only got a yellow card for it. It was only because he already had one that he was sent off.

The Swedish commentator thought the second yellow card was a bit harsh, but not necessarily wrong. I would have to watch a replay to be sure of what really happened there.

watch again my friend, the swedish commentator was wrong. Nedved tricked the world and shat on fair play. Utter Schwalbe. If a card then for Mr Nedved and make it red. Better to haunt this kind of shit than to honour it. The Italians would never win again, but who cares... ;)

watch again my friend, the swedish commentator was wrong. Nedved tricked the world and shat on fair play. Utter Schwalbe. If a card then for Mr Nedved and make it red. Better to haunt this kind of shit than to honour it. The Italians would never win again, but who cares... ;)

I've watched umpteen replays of the incident and, again, couw is right, it was a "perfect" dive by Nedved. The referee was a joke indeed, and not only because of his wrong judgement of this incident.