Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

EDIT:  Your link works for me, but I cannot bring it up on my own, even when I punch in the Selection Code number in the search function.  I wonder what's up with that.

I'm having the same problem :wacko:

I couldn't find it by title search. In order to find it I had to do a search for "miles davis" then I ordered it from newest additions. Silent Way Sessions was the third or fourth choice. Same thing for the Columbia Quintet box.

The Silent Way box still doesn't come up for me! What the heck is going on? Anybody else?

From the opening page, there is a column on the middle left that lists a few "just added" titles. Click on the "more" link under those titles, and then you will get a full page of all just added titles, sorted by best selling (why I'll never know!). From that page you have a drop down box which lets you sort them in various ways. Change the sorting to "just added", and then on page three after that re-sorting you will find the Miles boxes

The Silent Way box still doesn't come up for me!  What the heck is going on?  Anybody else?

From the opening page, there is a column on the middle left that lists a few "just added" titles. Click on the "more" link under those titles, and then you will get a full page of all just added titles, sorted by best selling (why I'll never know!). From that page you have a drop down box which lets you sort them in various ways. Change the sorting to "just added", and then on page three after that re-sorting you will find the Miles boxes

Thanks Greg. That works for me, except that it didn't come up on page three when sorted by Just Added, but it came up on page seven when I had it alphabetically listed by artist.

Chuck, your experience was mine too. After I went to the initial link to the Silent Way box we looked at earlier, I tried to put it in my cart, but the site wouldn't seem to take it. But my next time there, it showed that the cart did take it after all.

I want to note that I don't think I was logged in when I put it in my cart, but that it required me to log in the next day to see my cart.

Well, this has been an interesting exercise. Now that Tjazz says that it is on the BMG site too, I'll spend my Music Points on it.

Just went to check an order status (a couple of the Marvin Gaye cd/dvd combos, the Santana 1st album Legacy edition, and the Allman Bros at the Atlanta Pop Festival), and noticed that they are now offering:

Carla Bley - The Lost Chords

Jimmy Smith - Home Cookin (may have been there already, but is listed in the new release section)

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose

Live - Awake (best of, CD/DVD combo)

Robert Plant - 66 to Timbuktu

Wow! they also have the complete 1965-68 Quintet recordings for $29.94.

Chalupa-

Please reply with a link to this title.

I cannot get it to come up on the site- don't see it under box sets, under "Miles Davis" or "Miles Davis Quintet" or under a title search. Thanks.

I sent yourmusic.com an email asking to sign up at the $4.99 rate- they declined to allow this, saying it was a "limited time offer". Maybe if I join and then ask? (Not holding my breath...)

Go browse music>Just Added>Artists a-z>page 7.

or

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/justadded.html?sortby=6&c=72

They have it listed for $35.94 but I joined under the $4.99 offer so its coming up for me at $29.94

Is the $4.99 link at the beginning of this thread not working anymore

Edited by Chalupa

Not sure why, but some sets are harder/impossible to find on the Yourmusic site when compared with BMG. I have found a way around this. Look up and individual title, such as "The Count Basie Story" and the address looks like this http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/60249.html - then find the item you want on the BMG site and the address is http://www.bmgmusic.com/catalog/product/cd...productId=54991 . Now enter the 5 digit product number in place of the number on the Yourmusic address. The above example finds the Verve Charlie Parker master takes box.

Got the Granz Jam Sessions set ordered for $24.95 and the Parker for $14.97. :ph34r:

Chuck, when you get the Parker box set up on your screen with an "add to cart" button showing, could you paste the link for that page?

I'm curious to see whether this makes any difference or not. I'd hate to think yourmusic.com is alert enough to remove this one from their offerings after Chuck ordered his copy (assuming they don't want to make it available for some reason or another).

• 2 weeks later...