New Mosaic Singles Series!

Ron S

I'm not disputing the quality, just wondering out loud about the comparatively static business model in times when consumer expectations change quickly.

I can see where they are heading:

Mosaic full box sets --> Mosaic Selects --> Mosaic Singles --> Mosaic iTunes ;)

:lol:

Speaking of cheapness, the Jack Johnson set is currently going for £18 on amazon.co.uk...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

I would have to agree with the comments on shipping charges to Europe. I ordered and got the Oliver Nelson Set (amazing by the way). Shipping was $30 and the actual postage amount for the box was just above $15. I think that $15 for "handling" is way too much.

Also in this last instance the green vcustoms declaration note was missing and I ended up paying some extra VAT and customs fees. :(

/Shaft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the story is with Robbie Robertson playing on "Sun Dance", an added track on Charles Lloyd's Of Course, Of Course?

Wish I'd noticed that before. I saw Lloyd last week. He was signing his new cd at my (and his) local Borders. It would have given me something to ask him.

Edited by medjuck

Does anyone know what the story is with Robbie Robertson playing on "Sun Dance", an added track on Charles Lloyd's Of Course, Of Course?

I wondered about this too.

I figured it was just another instance of Lloyd's involvement with non jazz musicians, like when he started his career with B.B. King & Bobby Bland or having the Beach Boys involved with a 70's LP.

I wondered about this too.

I figured it was just another instance of Lloyd's involvement with non jazz musicians, like when he started his career with B.B. King & Bobby Bland or having the Beach Boys involved with a 70's LP.

Went to the Mosaic Web site and found the probable answer to my question. The extra cuts from early 1965, including "Sun Dance", were produced by John Simon, who later produced the first two Band LPs.

The Ellington is quite nicely done. Looks like a Mosaic. . . labeled a Mosaic. . . Sound is what you would expect from a Columbia cd remastered by Mark Wilder. Original liner notes, and new notes by Scott Wenzel.

It's a great swinging little session.

Mark, yeah I think so. I was home just about 20 hours over Friday night and Saturday afternoon; now I'm back in Houston for the week with my wife's treatment. I listened to the cd a few times in my stereo system (how I miss it) and then loaded it into iTunes on my iBook. It did have printing on the cd that I remember running right towards the center.

Dan: are you sure about the Andora pirates statement? I have a legitimate RCA Spain release of the JJ. It's also produced by Jordi Pujol (of Fresh Sound "fame") but these issues have nothing to do with the Pirates you're thinking of.

I was just repeating the preferred name that one of our European friends gave them.