October 8 Philadelphia, PA Tritone

October 9 New York, NY Tonic

October 10 Washington, DC Twins jazz

Information: www.reptet.com, www.monktail.com

Reptet achieves “a bittersweet and elegiac mood of orchestral grandeur.”

Downbeat Magazine

"A juggernaut jazz band, arresting, compelling, and just plain cranked-up."

Earshot Jazz

Monktail Records recording artists REPTET will be touring the east coast this fall to promote their critically acclaimed and historically galvanized new CD, Do This!

The bands tour of the east coast begins in Grand Rapids, Michigan and takes them through six states - including multiple performances in Chicago and New York as well as shows in Philadelphia and Washington, DC.

Reptet is a sextet consisting of six multi-instrumentalists (two women and four men) all of whom are members of the internationally acclaimed Monktail Creative Music Concern based out of Seattle, WA. They have established themselves as a group of considerable excitement, flair and vision while simultaneously debunking preconceived notions of what a jazz group ought to be. Their music has been aired on radio stations across the United States and Europe,

Reptet’s new CD, entitled Do This! features the first jazz album cover by the legendary illustrator Jim Flora in over 45 years. Crafted on old style letterpress, the total package is a stunning amalgam of traditional and progressive jazz – both sight and sound.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see Brotzmann/Bennink on 10/8 but that show should be over by 10. I'll definitely swing by on my way home.

Brotzmann/Bennink are playing in Philly on the 8th? :excited: I might just have to drift over there myself. Are they playing far from the Tritone?

Not too far. The show is at Penn. About a 10 minute cab ride.

Saw Johnny et al in Van, WA today. Unfortunately didn't have a chance to talk to them after. Nonetheless, I would strongly recommend going to see them to all of you anywhere near their upcoming swing east.

dana

Dana,

I'm sorry we didn't hook up. I'm glad you liked the show. We had a sub bass player with us (Willie Blair from Portland). He was great, but not 100% up to speed. Our stuff is hard for a player to step right in with just one rehearsal, but I think he did a good job. Were the Spanish Harlem Orchestra the shit or what? WOW!!! :excited:

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance the East Coast tour will expand any further and hit Boston or Burlington, VT?

I just ordered both of your discs based on the reviews I've been reading. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Try as we may, we were unable to book a show in Boston. We'd love to play there and we still have Sat. Oct. 7th open. So if you have any connections in Beantown please let us know.

Thanks for the purchase. :) The discs will go out first thing tomorrow morning.

Hope you enjoy them,

-john

Edited by Johnny E

Any chance the East Coast tour will expand any further and hit Boston or Burlington, VT?

I just ordered both of your discs based on the reviews I've been reading. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Try as may, we were unable to book a show in Boston. We'd love to play there and we still have Sat. Oct. 7th open. So if you have any connections in Beantown please let us know.

Thanks for the purchases. :) The discs will go out first thing tomorrow morning.

Hope you enjoy them,

-john

Johnny E,

Please let me know what time you are going on for 10/6 in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I'm going to another concert that night but I think I can swing by if the timing is right and I'd love to see you live.