Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Coltrane: The Prestige Recordings.

Ditto. Lotsa gems in there!

No doubt.

Question: does anybody else with this box have a problem with the paper cover on the back, or bottom, of the box. Mine wasn't properly glued on and now comes off everytime I pick it up.

I have some of these boxes, none of the back covers seem to be properly glued.

(can't think of a better thread to ask this in ... wasn't there a thread or some discussion of an EGO records box set reissue somewhere? There's a second one out it seems, but I can't find the thread and can't find anything on it, googling "ego" will list just about everything ever posted in the internets...)

51uIyGCAtNL._SX300_.jpg

Louis Armstrong - The Okeh, Columbia & RCA Victor Recordings 1925-1933. I got this much-maligned set to get a couple of tracks I didn't have, so that I would have all of the Okeh big-band sides. For that, it does the job. And while the criticism concerning the use of old, inferior masters is justified, I'll give the devil his due: disc eight, which I spun this morning, sounds far better than the old Columbia/Portrait CD which contained most of those tracks.