70,000 posts!!!!

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Member # 500 (mindfulness) doesn't know how lucky he or she is.

It all starts with a years supply of tuna! Not just any tuna, but America's favorite tuna. chicken_sea.jpg

But wait! That's not all, how about 3 days and 2 nights at the Super 8 in downtown Provo Utah? provo_super_8_ex.jpg

If you think it can't get any better, well my friend you are wrong.

You've just won.........A NEW CAR!!!!!!!

That's right, it's the Matador by AMC. 74_matador_brougham_coupe.jpg:tup

Thank you Jay Stewart!

(But where's the Turtle Wax? :(:(:blink::blink: )

I also urge you to point out when the costs of maintaining this site become burdensome to you. I'm sure we could help out. It's all our neighborhood now and no single person should be left supporting everyone else.

Seriously, I'm sure we'd all pony up $20 a year (or something like that) to help cover your costs. Really - this place is well worth that to me, without a doubt.

(Just don't go chargin' by the post - or I'm sunk!!!! -- :g:g:g )

Really, you should set up a "donation via Paypal" link, or give us an e-mail address to use to pay you with. I think many of us would like to at least throw $5 your way... Think about it.

Maybe the better way to do a "donation" would be for me to create some Organissimo T-shirts or other merchandise and sell those.

In all honesty, it doesn't cost me that much per month for the webspace. Now, if we upgraded to our own server, that would be a different matter, but thankfully we don't need to do that until we reach a certain amount of members.

I'll admit the idea has crossed my mind about charging $1 per month per member, but that goes against the very grain of the internet in my opinion and is a little greedy on my part so don't bet on that idea ever coming to fruition.

Rather than ask for "free" money or charge for the services, the better idea might be to offer some things members can buy if they want to that will help support the site. The CD is definately one thing but like I said, T-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, etc could be the others.

Just don't go chargin' by the post - or I'm sunk!!!!

Now there's an idea! Guess those "Babe thread" posts and those "how many days 'til Passing Ships" and those "Album cover" posts could come back to haunt you and Sangrey.

So it turns out the 4000 post title is "Financier"! Where's Rod Serling when you need him?

10,000 posts and you get to be a token member of Organissimo- you know, stand in front and play tambourine like Linda McCartney!

Speaking of that, has anyone heard that tape of her made by the Wings sound man(who I believe got canned)? She's singing "Hey Jude" really badly- apparently her mike was usually off. I know it's not nice to ridicule the departed, but it IS funny stuff (we still talk about the Buddy tapes, don't we?).

Maybe the better way to do a "donation" would be for me to create some Organissimo T-shirts or other merchandise and sell those.

In all honesty, it doesn't cost me that much per month for the webspace. Now, if we upgraded to our own server, that would be a different matter, but thankfully we don't need to do that until we reach a certain amount of members.

I'll admit the idea has crossed my mind about charging $1 per month per member, but that goes against the very grain of the internet in my opinion and is a little greedy on my part so don't bet on that idea ever coming to fruition.

Rather than ask for "free" money or charge for the services, the better idea might be to offer some things members can buy if they want to that will help support the site. The CD is definately one thing but like I said, T-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, etc could be the others.

I'm all for helping out with the costs. Lord knows ya'll put in the time and effort. You shouldn't have to foot all the bill as well.

Speaking of that, has anyone heard that tape of her made by the Wings sound man(who I believe got canned)? She's singing "Hey Jude" really badly- apparently her mike was usually off. I know it's not nice to ridicule the departed, but it IS funny stuff (we still talk about the Buddy tapes, don't we?).

Ahem...

WE can sing better than this...

Forbidden Audio Pleasures

:winky:

Back on topic: I'm not into the T-shirt and hat thing but I'd buy a coffee mug AS LONG AS it's a good size mug and not one of those sissy-size cups.

I'm all for helping out with the costs. Lord knows ya'll put in the time and effort. You shouldn't have to foot all the bill as well.

How's about you (Organissimo) take donations, and turn anything "extra" you get (beyond your actual costs for running things), into starter money for future recordings.

Seriously. As much as making a CD must cost (and seeing as how it takes half-way to forever to sell enough CD's to break even), I would be very happy to donate a little bit towards keeping the lights on here, with any overflow going towards the band laying down some more tunes.

Think about it...

How's about you (Organissimo) take donations, and turn anything "extra" you get (beyond your actual costs for running things), into starter money for future recordings.

Hey if you want to send me a check, I won't say no! :)

If things get tough I would consider putting up a banner saying something like "make a donation to the Organissimo Forums" but right now we're fine. We have just about paid off the cost of the record and are currently getting tunes around for the next one. And this website really doesn't cost me much right now.