A bit of help for AAJ

A Lark Ascending

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

It very surprising to me that because of a couple of threads which are out of the norm can cause someone to "hold the board hostage."

My friend writes with wild humor and great knowledge of the music.

Why some thinskins need to sanitize everything is beyond me.

CLIT,

WELCOME ABOARD.

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL JAZZ IS DISHED (DISSED) OUT.

STAY WITH US PAL AND TELL ALL THE NO NO NANETTE SITE (ALLABOUTGIZZ) DILDIES THAT THIS IS WHERE THE REAL ACTION IS.

Stapleton can talk his British "FREE JAZZ" shit over there while sitting around his fireplace with his smoking jacket and pipe and think that he knows the shit.

The NO NO NANETTE SITE buys into that just like the WOD'S (Webmistress of Death) JAZZ CORN(HOLER) site buys into all of RODOMONTADE REYNOLDS AND CHRIS A's jive.

Thank You for listening.

WINGY :D

It very surprising to me that because of a couple of threads which are out of the norm can cause someone to "hold the board hostage." 

My friend writes with wild humor and great knowledge of the music.

Why some thinskins need to sanitize everything is beyond me.

CLIT,

WELCOME ABOARD.

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL JAZZ IS DISHED (DISSED) OUT.

STAY WITH US PAL AND TELL ALL THE NO NO NANETTE SITE (ALLABOUTGIZZ) DILDIES THAT THIS IS WHERE THE REAL ACTION IS.

Stapleton can talk his British "FREE JAZZ" shit over there while sitting around his fireplace with his smoking jacket and pipe and think that he knows the shit.

The NO NO NANETTE SITE buys into that just like the WOD'S (Webmistress of Death) JAZZ CORN(HOLER) site buys into all of RODOMONTADE REYNOLDS AND CHRIS A's jive.

Thank You for listening.

WINGY :D

:tdown:tdown:tdown

Particularly dissing Bev, British jazz, and "Free Jazz" all in one fell swoop. <_<

Reports of the impending death of the Organissimo Board are greatly exaggerated, I think.

The thing about Wingy/DEEP/Danny In Disguise is simple - he's a player, and he has a player's sense of humor, for better (sometimes) or worse (sometimes), and doesn't feel the need to modify it for public consumption. That's his choice, and I for one have no conflict between laughing my ass off at a lot of what he says and at the same time thinking/knowing that it's the kind of stuff thast not everybody's going to get, and might likely be highly offended over. But that's his call.

Bottom line - the guy is who he is, and if you've ever served time in the trenches, you can dig where he's coming from most of the time, regardless of whether or not you think he's trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by bringing Full Frontal Attitudinal Reality into arenas not really designed for such. If you take his shtick too seriously, you're missing the point entirely. And if you think that confronting him will back him down, forget about it. Again, you're missing the point. The guy's operating in the realm of Don Rickles & Pat Cooper, where confrontation and trading (yes, TRADING) insults is the object of the game. The best way to not be subjected to possible offense is to ignore him, skip his threads and his posts. If that's not possible for some reason, just don't respond. If THAT'S not possible, maybe, just maybe, the possibility needs to be considered that 7 steps to heaven might be 5 too few. Impulse control is a bitch, but it's not impossible.

Many of us have remarked on the "after hours club" vibe of this board, and I know it's the #1 reason I've made this place my cyberhang of choice. A board where musicians constantly feel pressured to "act right" is too much like a wedding gig. You DON'T want to be there. A board where they feel no obligation to show discretion of any type is too much like the hotel room after the gig. Lots of fun (and more), but the things you do there are things you don't want anybody but your closest friends (or people you pay to be your temporary closest friends) to see you doing.

The administrators of this board are not idiots who think that jazz is a totally lovely music made by totally lovely people who lead totally lovely lives and who have totally lovely personalitiies. They know what's up. They're not pussies either, so if worse comes to worse, they'll do what they have to do. They have before, and they will again. It's their club, not their hotel room, and if we all know going in that some wild stuff's gonna happen, we also know that there's gonna be a limit to how wild it's gonna get.

The party just got a little livlier, a little friskier, and a lot noisier. There's room for that, and there's room for ignoring it. You just gotta trust the hosts to bend but not break. I do.

Edited by JSngry

Hmmm. All this time I thought he was a drunk. With a drunk's sense of humor. Whatever the origin, I don't find it very impressive. If that makes me thinskinned, oh well; I've certainly been called worse!

That said, the thread you started with the liner notes here impressed me, Wingy. Not because of your claim that it caused your banning at AAJ, but because it was the first intelligent post about music I've ever seen from you. All I've ever seen from you in the past is juvenile rips at Bertrand, Bev, and whoever else you seem to be obsessed with at the moment. Sure would be nice to see more stuff like that...

troll

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."

Danny is a troll.

I have to wonder at those who find his act funny. Could it be a matter of not wanting to admit that he's not-ready-for-the-WB-'network' as you'd then be accused of not being either in on or able to understand the joke?

Maybe Danny could limit his postings to the Musician's Forum? Either that or get some new material? Haven't we heard it all before? zzzzzzzzz......

(Now I'll be accused on not 'getting' Danny and for wasting my time being 'bothered' by his presence when I could simply ignore him. Not surprisingly, this game can't be won. The only winners are those that don't play.)

:rfr

Musicboy. Now THERE was a troll with entertainment value out the wazoo!

Yesterday, I was pretty baffled by the goings on here, but today, I more or less see things the way Sangrey just described them. The exchange between randissimo and WINGY was particularly illuminating in that regard. Not that I'm all warm and fuzzy, but I do have a better sense of what's up here, of where WINGY's coming from. As far as this board going the way of Blue Note's, you can be sure that the plug won't be pulled from the top down just because of one rowdy poster. We've had some disruptive individuals in here before and dealt with it, one way or another. I don't see why this time is any different. Hang in there, my brothers and sisters...