"The Cookers" On Tour

RE: Hartford -- How can we order advance tickets? General or reserved admission?

The final details have just been confirmed in the past couple of days, so hopefully we will be able to start selling advance tickets in the next week. You can check the website for more information Hartford Jazz Society.

Seating will be general admission.

Yes, Scullers June 14

Hartford, CT June 15

Playboy Jazz Festival June 17

Yoshi's Oakland June 20 and 21

Vancouver Jazz Festival June 22

Jazz Alley Seattle June 26 and 27

Mt. Vernon Country Club, Denver, CO June 28

New CD "Believe" will be released June 12.

Domestic or import label?

Domestic this time...Motema Records

Release date June 12.

what venue in hartford on the 15th?

I believe it is a gig for the Hartford Jazz Society or something to that effect.

This is the venue info they gave me

Polish National Home, 60 Charter Oak Ave. Hartford, CT. 06103

Hope you can make it.....

I happen to be the president of the Hartford Jazz Society and can confirm the venue is correct.

Really Ron, I had no idea.....thanks then...looking forward to it....

At least you're not the treasurer ;)

Free for All?? Seriously?

Wow, THAT'S intense ...

My lord -- Billy Harper blowing on "Free For All"?? Hot damn!!!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.......

People liked The Core so much that we thought we had to do some sort of follow up to that and this was the most logical tune so.........

Free for All?? Seriously?

Wow, THAT'S intense ...

My lord -- Billy Harper blowing on "Free For All"?? Hot damn!!!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.......

People liked The Core so much that we thought we had to do some sort of follow up to that and this was the most logical tune so.........

I like the way you think, David!

Can't wait to hear the new album and seeing you guys at Yoshi's.

I think I'll be able to make the Vancouver show. On the whole, Cookers aside, I am not that impressed with the VIJF lineup announced so far, but some of the up and coming artists that fill in the rest of the slots should be interesting.

Next time I discuss VIJF I'll go start my own thread, promise. Anyway, am definitely looking forward to The Cookers, and I'll start trying to figure out the ticket situation soon.

Anyway, I happened to be listening to BBC Jazz Line-up and there was a short feature on the UK band Get the Blessing, which is sort of a jazz-rock hybrid -- a fair bit like Led Bib or Acoustic Ladyland. Interestingly, GTB claim to be heavily influenced by Ornette Coleman and Don Cherry, though I am having trouble hearing that. They mentioned they would be doing a North American tour, and sure enough they are coming to VIJF the week after The Cookers. Looks like another group I'll want to check out.

I think I'll be able to make the Vancouver show. On the whole, Cookers aside, I am not that impressed with the VIJF lineup announced so far, but some of the up and coming artists that fill in the rest of the slots should be interesting.

Next time I discuss VIJF I'll go start my own thread, promise. Anyway, am definitely looking forward to The Cookers, and I'll start trying to figure out the ticket situation soon.

Anyway, I happened to be listening to BBC Jazz Line-up and there was a short feature on the UK band Get the Blessing, which is sort of a jazz-rock hybrid -- a fair bit like Led Bib or Acoustic Ladyland. Interestingly, GTB claim to be heavily influenced by Ornette Coleman and Don Cherry, though I am having trouble hearing that. They mentioned they would be doing a North American tour, and sure enough they are coming to VIJF the week after The Cookers. Looks like another group I'll want to check out.

Never heard of Get the Blessing, but Googled them and came up with their website. Sounds pretty cool.

Got a touch of the Residents in their performance, apparently.

Never heard of Get the Blessing, but Googled them and came up with their website. Sounds pretty cool.

Got a touch of the Residents in their performance, apparently.

Yeah, totally new to me as well, though I knew about Led Bib and had actually seen Acoustic Ladyland at a London street fair! I do think the video is a bit of a put-on compared to their actual performances, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

I don't think the rest of the dates have been announced, but probably a better than even chance they'll turn up in SF over the summer.

Edited by ejp626

Yes, Scullers June 14

Hartford, CT June 15

Playboy Jazz Festival June 17

Yoshi's Oakland June 20 and 21

Vancouver Jazz Festival June 22

Jazz Alley Seattle June 26 and 27

Mt. Vernon Country Club, Denver, CO June 28

New CD "Believe" will be released June 12.

Domestic or import label?

Domestic this time...Motema Records

Release date June 12.

what venue in hartford on the 15th?

I believe it is a gig for the Hartford Jazz Society or something to that effect.

This is the venue info they gave me

Polish National Home, 60 Charter Oak Ave. Hartford, CT. 06103

Hope you can make it.....

I happen to be the president of the Hartford Jazz Society and can confirm the venue is correct.

Really Ron, I had no idea.....thanks then...looking forward to it....

At least you're not the treasurer ;)

Only since October, 2011. I was not even on the board before that.

• 2 months later...

I saw them in Boston last week and while the music was incredible, my ears are still recovering. I'm sorry, but Billy Hart played his drum kit far too hard for that bright little room. I was not the only one to have this problem either. Me and my friend convinced 4 other people to come along for the ride. While we all agreed that the music was phenomenal, we also all agreed that Billy was "over the top" loud.

Right near the end, I had to move back away from the stage because my right ear was killing me and I looked around and saw several people with their fingers in the ears during Billy's solo. :)

• 3 weeks later...