European Impulse! 2-on-1 CD reissues

J.A.W.

You're right about that, I expect they would do three of them. By the way 1984 has been out on cd in Japan. Recently Japan put out a cd of the lp that released more from Pep's (an SHMCD I think). I think all of this has been on cd here in the States though.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right about that, I expect they would do three of them. By the way 1984 has been out on cd in Japan. Recently Japan put out a cd of the lp that released more from Pep's (an SHMCD I think). I think all of this has been on cd here in the States though.

Have missed the Japanese reissue of "1984"!

The "Pep's"... wasn't it originally just one LP and then later on a 2LP set with more? A few cuts of that were added to the GRP disc of "Live at Pep's" and the remainder then reissued as a digipack in the Master Series as Vol. 2? Never quite had a closer look - but the music is among Lateef's finest, and it's always a pleasure to hear Richard Williams play!

Yeah, but then too much has been out already and Mosaic never (to my knowledge) was allowed the use of any Impulse material so far.

Wasn't the 'Quintessence' session on the Quincy Jones previously issued on CD domestically?

A Yusef Lateef Impulse box would be an absolute killer of a set. Top of my list !

Edited by sidewinder

Yeah, but then too much has been out already and Mosaic never (to my knowledge) was allowed the use of any Impulse material so far.

Wasn't the 'Quintessence' session on the Quincy Jones previously issued on CD domestically?

A Yusef Lateef Impulse box would be an absolute killer of a set. Top of my list !

True indeed! Forgot about that one!

But I guess Hip-O would object (and send an MP3 in place).

Beverly Jenkins, the wife of Gordon Jenkins, the guy who wrote all those "weepy" string arrangements for Sinatra, Cole, etc. It's one of the more (although not the only) "curious" Impulse! releases.

I've never heard it myself, but I feel safe in saying that it's not in any way a "blues" album in the sense that Hooker's is, or probably in the way that anybody's is.