Classic Coleman Hawkins Sessions Available for Preorder!

Just got this email:

Thank you very much for the preorder for the new Coleman Hawkins release.

Additional tracks were recently located and the clearance for these tracks has taken much longer than anticipated. The set is now scheduled for release in January.

Wee apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Fred

Well at least it's delayed for a good reason. So I guess the set will have some more tracks, I think that's worth waiting for :tup

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

Sure wish Scott would join Organissimo. We haven't had an insider like that since Tom Evered was part of the old BNBB.

We also used to have posts here from Bob Belden (indino I think was his handle). I wish he had time to post (though he's no longer part of Sony's reissue program as far as I know).

Me too.

Sure wish Scott would join Organissimo. We haven't had an insider like that since Tom Evered was part of the old BNBB.

We also used to have posts here from Bob Belden (indino I think was his handle). I wish he had time to post (though he's no longer part of Sony's reissue program as far as I know).

Bob Belden used to post on the Blue Note BB, not here.

Huh. I remember differently. I may be remembering personal correspondence during organissimo timeframe.

His handle (I've tried "indino", "indeno" and "indeknow") is unknown on this board. I'm pretty sure he posted on the long defunct BNBB, not here.

Edited by J.A.W.

Huh. I remember differently. I may be misremembering personal correspondence during organissimo timeframe.

I have the feeling he might have posted on one of the Miles box set threads of a few years back - always thought it must have been him, it was pretty authoritive information regarding the 'Lost Quintet' live recordings. There again, I may be wrong !

have it sent to Canada

Inuvik via Yellowknife, perhaps? :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Release date now: late January/February 2012.

I'll wait. I have patience.

Indeed. Better to do it right (which is their habit). The thread about the latest Jazz Icons box has nudged me towards purchasing it and for some dumb reason I haven't gotten the Carter Select yet, so a few days after Christmas I think I'll order those to help pass the time until Coleman is ready. :)

Edited by Quincy

And just think if it came out when expected (mid-Nov.) I would already be wondering when the next set would be coming out :crazy: I guess anticipation is half the fun :beee:

But seriously, what's with the wait?!? I know that they found additional recordings, and maybe there are some problems there, but SERIOUSLY. I do sincerely hope it's not money problems though :ph34r:

Thanks for the update Hans.

In other news, my chronically backordered Chu Berry is shipping! I just got the notice this afternoon!!!! :party:

I know I am late to that party, but I am really looking forward to that set. I guess that'll have to tide me over. And I've never gotten around to ordering the Bing Crosby set....but that's for another post...

Just got a message from Mosaic's Scott Wenzel - he told me they're waiting for clearance from Sony for some of the circa 20 (!) new sides they discovered. I don't have titles, but some are alternates of tunes already cleared.

This is exciting news. That means an extra CD to an already very promissing set. :) :) :)

In other news, my chronically backordered Chu Berry is shipping! I just got the notice this afternoon!!!! :party:

This will tie you over till Hawkins arrives. In Hawkins' interview by Paul Bacon and Bill Grauer for the Riverside record 'Coleman Hawkins a documentary' as printed in vol. 1 of the Jean-Francois Villetard Hawkins disco he says about Chu:

Q: Who do you think at this time was a really good man on that?

Hmmm... Chu. Chu was about the best. Yes Chu Berry was the best man around.

Just got a message from Mosaic's Scott Wenzel - he told me they're waiting for clearance from Sony for some of the circa 20 (!) new sides they discovered. I don't have titles, but some are alternates of tunes already cleared.

This is exciting news. That means an extra CD to an already very promissing set. :) :) :)

Thanks for the heads up Hans!!!! I hope they don't raise the price of the set....LOL.

I will gladly wait a few months for extra music!!!

This will tie you over till Hawkins arrives. In Hawkins' interview by Paul Bacon and Bill Grauer for the Riverside record 'Coleman Hawkins a documentary' as printed in vol. 1 of the Jean-Francois Villetard Hawkins disco he says about Chu:

Q: Who do you think at this time was a really good man on that?

Hmmm... Chu. Chu was about the best. Yes Chu Berry was the best man around.

I really am looking forward to this set. I wanted it since it came out, but had to bypass it in order to get a few OOP sets and other in print sets. The time has finally come :party:

Scott didn't say anything about an extra CD and the website still lists 8 CDs, not 9. Maybe there was room on the 8 discs that were already planned.

Scott didn't say anything about an extra CD and the website still lists 8 CDs, not 9. Maybe there was room on the 8 discs that were already planned.

I might have been carried away by my enthousiasm. I looked to track listing again there is room for extra tracks especialy on discs 2,3, 4 and 7.