Now reading...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm about half way through this book.

If you're a PKD fan it's a fun book: it's sort of an odd novel showing slices of the day to day of PKD over the years, totally imaginary. I do think that his imagined bits of PKD reality seem pretty on target to how I MYSELF imagine PKD might have thought and felt and said and did. . . . And it's fun to read and analyze and wonder. . . I think PKD would have liked this one! :huh:

Jazzbo: Have you read "The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick"? It's a collection of his essays and miscellaneous "stuff" that was pretty interesting. It was my first glimpse of what Dick had to say about his own writing, especially his "Exegesis."

He was one far-out kinda guy.

Yes, I think I've read everything of his save the books of letters (haven't justified the expenditure yet---they are EXPENSIVE!) and his lone children's book, and nearly every book written about him. . . .

I've been reading Dick since I found a copy of "The Zap Gun" in Gianopolis' book store in Addis Ababa in 1967!

Yes, I think I've read everything of his save the books of letters (haven't justified the expenditure yet---they are EXPENSIVE!) and his lone children's book, and nearly every book written about him. . . .

I've been reading Dick since I found a copy of "The Zap Gun" in Gianopolis' book store in Addis Ababa in 1967!

He wrote a children's book??? I wonder what it's like... :rfr

Dow Mossman - The Stones of Summer

0978158567517_500X500.jpg

Any impressions you'd care to share? I saw the film about the search for the author - an entertaining watch. I felt that the filmmaker could have found Dow Mossman without going to all of the trouble he went to - but then he wouldn't have had a film. For all of the publicity the book has gotten, I can't recall seeing a review.

Ack! I'm on a junk kick...made serious headway on getting the garage under control, but in the process found my boxes of SF paperbacks and such. So, I'm reliving my younger days. At the moment, it's Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat books, alternating with short stories by William Tenn.

Ack! I'm on a junk kick...made serious headway on getting the garage under control, but in the process found my boxes of SF paperbacks and such. So, I'm reliving my younger days. At the moment, it's Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat books, alternating with short stories by William Tenn.

William Tenn rules! :tup

"The Liberation of Earth"

"Venus and the Seven Sexes"

"Down Among the Dead Men"

Oh yeah.