manti manti manti!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I think this calls for a full-scale NCAA investigation!

Why I bet he was taking PEDs, too.

Vacate all wins since the Coronation of Charlemagne, eliminate scholarships for anybody who wears blue and gold clothing, PEDs investigations right down to the towel boy culminating with a years long chest pounding diatribe in the media about how Te'o should never play a down of football ever again!

That'll teach 'em. :w

Some guy I've never heard of was on ESPN today made a good point, as painful as it may be: That ND goes and hires a private investigator to help Te'o out, but doesn't hire private investigators for the arguably more serious Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeburg cases because they were afraid of what would be uncovered. Just some food for thought.

For anyone that doesn't know about Lizzy Seeburg. Here is the most detailed report. There was also another woman and football players.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

Some guy I've never heard of was on ESPN today made a good point, as painful as it may be: That ND goes and hires a private investigator to help Te'o out, but doesn't hire private investigators for the arguably more serious Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeburg cases because they were afraid of what would be uncovered. Just some food for thought.

For anyone that doesn't know about Lizzy Seeburg. Here is the most detailed report. There was also another woman and football players.

http://ncronline.org...estions-answers

thx.

http://deadspin.com/5977235/heres-a-photo-of-manti-teo-with-ronaiah-tuiasosopos-sister-the-night-before-the-notre-dame+usc-game?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by alocispepraluger102

thx.

You're welcome.

This story seems to get stranger by the day. Now his family, or friends is trying to pass off a new "hoax". Of course, they don't explain why he continued to talk about her like she was dead after this new attempt of another "hoax".

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20130118_EXCLUSIVE_Woman_tried_new_hoax_in_December_call_to_Teo.html?id=187505701

Let's start at the beginning - this guy's LDS, a pretty badass football player, and he plays at Notre Dame instead of BYU?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but....let's take it from there.

More interestingly is he was a lifelong USC fan. He was originally going to go to USC, but changed his mind at the last minute to Notre Dame. This brings up the biggest conspiracy theories out there. That Lane Kiffin and the Tuiasosopo family are behind it. With all the family history @ USC of the Tuiasosopos and Kiffin coaching Fred Matua (Ronaiah's cousin who really did die in August/2012) while Co-OC for Carrol, and later coaching Marques Tuiasosopo @ Oakland. One of the pictures used for the hoax sister to the hoax girlfriend was a picture of Fred Matua's girlfriend and mother of his daughter.

Let's start at the beginning - this guy's LDS, a pretty badass football player, and he plays at Notre Dame instead of BYU?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but....let's take it from there.

More interestingly is he was a lifelong USC fan. He was originally going to go to USC, but changed his mind at the last minute to Notre Dame. This brings up the biggest conspiracy theories out there. That Lane Kiffin and the Tuiasosopo family are behind it. With all the family history @ USC of the Tuiasosopos and Kiffin coaching Fred Matua (Ronaiah's cousin who really did die in August/2012) while Co-OC for Carrol, and later coaching Marques Tuiasosopo @ Oakland. One of the pictures used for the hoax sister to the hoax girlfriend was a picture of Fred Matua's girlfriend and mother of his daughter.

Lane Kiffin behind the whole thing. That would be great.

Schapp seems to have been swayed to Te'o's version of events after interviewing him Friday night. I found Schapp's lack of skepticism disappointing. He talked about how Te'o came across as sincere and composed (that's kind of a trademark of liars, btw) but didn't seem to ask for anything in the way of actual concrete corroboration of Te'o's story.

One of the first things I'd ask Te'o for is his phone records in order to verify these 8-hour, long distance sleepovers he maintains he had with this woman. If you're the woman on the other end of the line, you're going to stay on the line breathing into a phone for 8 hours every night just to keep a hoax going?

Phone records would go a long way toward lending credibility to this rather bizarre claim.

Another red flag: The Twitter apology from the alleged perpetrator of the hoax that suddenly showed up a couple of days ago. I'd ask Te'o for full access to his Twitter and Facebook 'paper' trail, since that's primarily where he says this relationship took place.

In the end, folks might wonder, "Why go after this guy at all? At best he's a confused young man." Maybe that's true, but these phony narratives erected around athletes these days -- take your pick, there are plenty of examples -- may be the real hoax.

Just want to make clear it's not my theory. It's basically the conspiracy theory of the way out there ND fans.

Also want to point out this part has been edited a few times since the original version.

A group of people connected to Tuiasosopo showed up at the team hotel, after curfew, for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the hotel lobby. Someone in the group called Te'o, saying they were waiting for Kekua to join them in the lobby and asking if she was with him. Te'o then hung up. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14.

Early this morning my time: it was Tuiasosopo showed up with friends and the alleged hoax girl. No mention of a curfew and definitely no mention of a phone call.

A couple hours later it was he showed up with family members of his and no mention of the girl and still no mention of curfew or a phone call.

Now this latest version.

It never crossed his mind to go visit the "love of his life" while she was in a coma, or later dying from leukemia. You really can't make that up.

Even though ND hired a private investigator to look into and supposedly informed them and him it was a hoax on Jan 4th....he didn't really believe it was a hoax until two days ago before the interview. It's like he wants people to believe he's Forrest Gump.

After all the times he has been on tv talking about here....it's hard taking it serious having to depend on a someone like Schapp. They're even editing things to make him look better. You have to remember ESPN is one of the many outlets who never botherd to do do even the most basic fact checking. That's why they used the Larry King of ESPN to interview him.

None of the facts were really discussed. For example, he claims he never said he touched her hand. No, that was his father.

P.S. What he calls "tailored" everyone else would call lying.

Edited by Blue Train

... Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14. ...

This comes across as just another in an endless series of self-serving excuses. As if to say, "I'm better than I showed in that game, (so draft me high, pleeeeze)."

He, like the rest of his teammates, was run over by a truck.

He wants folks to believe he was so emotionally distraught that it affected his play in the national championship game, yet he is described by Schapp as being composed and in complete control in an interview that takes place just days after the whole thing blows up in his face and he really, really, for really-real realized that he had been the victim of a hoax?

This guy may have been a victim, who knows? But laying the blame for his poor performance on the field at the feet of a supposed hoax that he says he didn't even fully realize was a hoax until just days ago is ... I don't know what it is, but "believable" isn't the first thing that pops into my noggin.

Edited by papsrus

Has anyone here had experience with the beard + pathological liar combination? Because I have.

One of my roommates freshman year of college was...well, at first he just seemed like a backbiting asshole. One of those people you think is really friendly until you have 3 or 4 weird passive-aggressive encounters. First semester he shared a bedroom with one of our other roommates. Not too much weird stuff happened (except the assholery), though he'd occasionally disappear some nights and not show up again till the next day, claiming that he'd passed out drunk at someone's random house party.

Second semester was different. We switched rooms around and now the guy had a room to himself. Around February we'd be sitting around and he'd start throwing out the "hey, what do you guys think it'd be like to have a gay roommate? Can you even imagine?" As my familiarity with gay men had up to that point been almost entirely with the flaming musical theater types (3 years of performing arts high school), I stupidly assumed this was a hypothetical question. "Uh...I dunno, why don't you ask the guys down the hall" (there were 6 of them, one of whom was out and moderately flamboyant, and they seemed to coexist OK).

I'm still kicking myself for not being the first to figure it out. One day, my other roommate (let's call him "Ed") pulled the other two of us aside and said "Don't you think it's weird that he brags constantly about all the girls he's hooked up with but we never see any of them here? And the gay roommate question; that's not a hypothetical, it's like he's sounding us out, trying to get a feel for how we'd react." But all the evidence was still circumstantial at that point.

Around late March he started going on and on about this hot prep school girl he had met (online?) and was going to nail. Ed was from a town about 45 minutes away from the prep school and they ended up working out an arrangement over spring break: asshole roommate would drive them both over in his car and in exchange he could stay at Ed's parents' place for the week with Ed. Long story short, he ends up disappearing much of the time in the car after he gets to Ed's.

This is where things start getting really bizarre.

I was the only one in the room who'd brought a scanner to college. So when he and Ed get back from spring break, he asks me if I can scan some stuff for him and email them to him. He leaves me 4 photos to scan: two of him, and two of some random guy we've never seen before, posing next to his car at some rest stop off the highway. Evidently they had no timer or anything on the camera so they simply shot pictures of each other rather than ask someone else to shoot the both of them together. I flip the photos upside down to scan them and there's a note on one of the ones of him: "To One Hot Boy I Love Who has Changed My Life." So on the one hand, the guy seemed like he was trying the weirdest, most passive and halting way ever to come out. He couldn't have possibly been so stupid as to think I wouldn't see that. On the other hand...he seemed to never acknowledge or care about the tower of lies he'd been building; in fact, they would only get bigger after that point.

A couple of weeks later he starts bitching about how his parents had burdened him with his high school senior "cousin" for an upcoming weekend, and would it be a big deal if the cousin crashed in the room over the weekend? Cousin ends up staying in his room for two whole weeks. Oh, forgot to mention the obvious: cousin is the same dude as is in the pictures. Also forgot to mention another hilarious lie: the hot prep school girl's name is apparently "Jessica", while "cousin's" name just happens to be "Jesse."

I could fill in more details of all the lies, big and small, that we eventually figured out, many of them having nothing to do with being gay, but I'll wrap up the story with the $100 or so that gradually disappeared from my wallet right around the time he was wining and dining his "cousin" at some of the city's more expensive restaurants. As a result asshole roommate is one of 4 or 5 people on my list of those I will immediately cross the street to avoid. The lesson of the whole saga though was that this wasn't really a case of an elaborate edifice of lies built simply to maintain the ability to stay in the closet. Rather, the guy was a sociopath: the most charitable interpretation I have is that he might have started lying to keep the closet an option, but continued because he enjoyed manipulating others, and if anything got more enjoyment out of the really outrageous and dumb lies because he interpreted others' failure to confront him as a sign that he could say anything and people would believe him.

Edited by Big Wheel

To give you the idea the kind of editing ESPN has been doing to that one previous passage I posted above.

This is how it now looks.

A group of people connected to Tuiasosopo showed up at the team hotel, after curfew, for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the hotel lobby. Someone in the group called Te'o, saying they were waiting for Kekua to join them in the lobby and asking if she was with him. Te'o then hung up. Te'o said it did not affect his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8859077/manti-teo-notre-dame-fighting-irish-denies-being-part-hoax-late-girlfriend

In the much longer but still edited version of the interview were Schaap is basically acting like a defense lawyer instead of a reporter.

"This group. Lennay, her sister Jean supposedly, this boy named Mateo. And her friend named Kat. They said they stayed at the Hilton Beverly and they were down there for the game. Well, they got in on Saturday. Saturday, they got in on Saturday. And I told her: "OK. If you're in, come see me at the hotel, come to the hotel." I told them, "You need to be here before 11 because the curfew at that time was 11." Well, obviously, they purposely showed up after 11, when I was at curfew. And the reason I know they showed up is because they took pictures of our hotel – the front door, the lobby. I know that whoever -- I would say, "Go up. I just want to see you. Look at you square in the face and just be done with this thing. Just erase everything so I know the truth." They said, "Well, they asked me for ID cards down here, and we can't get up." Her sister texts me and says, "You know what, Manti, we're waiting for Lennay over here. Can you please tell her, I don't know if you're with her, but can you please tell her to hurry up, please. We're waiting, and Mateo is in here and he's drunk, and he said he's going to go look for her." At that point, I was like, "You know, whatever." I hung up the phone. "

And

JEREMY SCHAAP: How did it affect you the night you played Alabama?

MANTI TE'O: I wouldn't say it affected me.

JEREMY SCHAAP: I know you don't want to say it. But how could it not?

MANTI TE'O: When you're stuck in big game like that, you can't let it affect you, no matter how much it's weighing on you. In a big game like that, there's people that depend on you to perform. And no matter what you're going through, you need to perform. So in that case, I can…

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8859544/highlights-manti-teo-interview-jeremy-schaap

... I don't know what it is, but "believable" isn't the first thing that pops into my noggin.

The first thing that popped into my noggin was "beard"...Surprised that angle isn't getting more play, but frankly, I've been avoiding coverage of this bizarre story.

Actually his being Gay is what many if not of most of those who think he was in on it was the reason behind it. The problem I have with that is he has had girlfriends before this @ ND and had one soon after the death of the love of his life. He had real life girls @ ND he could have used as a beard and it would have a lot easier; especially with him being a Mormon which easily covers there being premarital sex in the relationship.

... I don't know what it is, but "believable" isn't the first thing that pops into my noggin.

The first thing that popped into my noggin was "beard"...Surprised that angle isn't getting more play, but frankly, I've been avoiding coverage of this bizarre story.

Actually his being Gay is what many if not of most of those who think he was in on it was the reason behind it. The problem I have with that is he has had girlfriends before this @ ND and had one soon after the death of the love of his life. He had real life girls @ ND he could have used as a beard and it would have a lot easier; especially with him being a Mormon which easily covers there being premarital sex in the relationship.

Unfortunately, the pathological liar (see my long story above) does not always care about having an easy, ironclad cover story. My roommate had numerous opportunities for female beards if having a beard was his primary concern. But it wasn't - his primary concern was, or eventually became, just lying for lying's sake.

I think there are reasons to question whether Te'o fits the profile of pathological liar+closeted, but "he hooked up with girls at ND" is not one of them.

Edited by Big Wheel

Unfortunately, the pathological liar (see my long story above) does not always care about having an ironclad cover story. My roommate had numerous opportunities for female beards if having a beard was his primary concern. But it wasn't - his primary concern was, or eventually became, just lying for lying's sake.

I think there are reasons to question whether Te'o fits the profile of pathological liar+closeted, but "he hooked up with girls at ND" is not one of them.

I did read your post. Your friend talked about girls that no one saw and had opportunities for a female beard. Te'o actually went out with real life girls before, during (before they supposedly became serious.), and after, which other people saw him with. There are even pictures of him with his most recent one. Why go through such a convoluted plan was my point? He really had the perfect excuse for the lack of sex in any relationship with a woman.

Edited by Blue Train

Unfortunately, the pathological liar (see my long story above) does not always care about having an ironclad cover story. My roommate had numerous opportunities for female beards if having a beard was his primary concern. But it wasn't - his primary concern was, or eventually became, just lying for lying's sake.

I did read your post. Your friend talked about girls that no one saw and had opportunities for a female beard. Te'o actually went out with real life girls before, during (before they supposedly became serious.), and after, which other people saw him with. There are even pictures of him with his most recent one. Why go through such a convoluted plan was my point? He really had the perfect excuse for the lack of sex in any relationship with a woman.

I didn't include it because it would have made an already long story even longer, but a small percentage of the girls my roommate bragged about his encounters with were real. He had apparently hooked up with one of the girls in our dorm. He also had a girlfriend (or someone he claimed was his girlfriend) from high school who visited our dorm early in the school year. Funnily enough, when she came to visit it turned out I knew her - I had gone to summer camp with her a few years before. Asshole roommate got very irritated/jealous of our chatting and we never saw her again after that.

It's true that closeted gay men who are simply looking for a beard can find female beards if that's all they want. They don't have to make up stories out of whole cloth - but if they're also addicted to telling lies, that's another story. You really have to have spent time with a serious liar to understand where I'm coming from here and why I think it's entirely possible that Te'o "dated" real girls while ALSO faking a committed heterosexual relationship AND hiding a same-sex relationship. Pathological liars do not operate on the same plane of behavioral logic as you or me. Their schemes don't "make sense" until you realize that the main point is just to con others to the max.

Edited by Big Wheel

I saw the full name of the fake girlfriend in the Te'o hoax for the first time. It's Lennay Marie Kekua. I don't know if they planned it, but Leukemia is a portmanteau of it.

I don't know about Polynesian (which she was supposed to be), but Kekua is a very unusual Hawaiian name. They might have taken it from Kealakekua Bay.

How Manti and Lennay really met:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLagA-fxsAg

I think that's the first video Teoing I have seen. It's hilarious.

Edited by Blue Train