Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Alfredson

THEO - my new progressive rock project

34 posts in this topic

EDIT: The album is completed and available here - THEO at the Big O Store

I've been busy the last three years or so writing and recording a progressive rock album. The band is called THEO (my middle name is Theodore) and the album opens as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_6OXW_cDO0

That's about half the first song. The first three songs are interlinked, about 30 minutes long all together, and deal with themes of corporatism. Hey, it's prog. :)

For those interested, there's a FB page and a very simple website up. I'm going to launch a crowd-funding campaign soon.

Best wishes for this project.

Thanks, Chuck! I'm also working on Greg Nagy's third album, working with organissimo guitarist Larry Barris on a solo jazz project for him, and putting together material for another organissimo. Busy busy!

Great news! I'll look forward to the album.

This project will be killing, everybody!!!

Who wrote the clever answering machine script on "Game of Ourobouros" and who reads it? Here's wishing you success, Jim.

I have to wait until next payday, then you can count me in for a download.

We made it! With time to spare! There's stil time to get on board. I'm working on the 5.1 mixes right now and it is sounding incredible.

Interesting interview, Jim. Looking forward to hearing this - having recently become interested in some of the contemporary bands in this area, it will fit in nicely. Especially intrigued by your comment about the prog-metal nature of some of the current bands. That's something I have to work past.

I'd only disagree on one point - don't put away the mellotrons!

I love the Mellotron but I do think it is over-used. I use it on THEO but only on two songs and it's layered in with other sounds so as not to be obvious.

Speaking of, only a few days left to order via PledgeMusic before the campaign closes. I've got lots of t-shirts, keychains, and other merch left.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theo

Nice to see the mention of Haken, Riverside and Big Big Train.

Nice to see the mention of Haken, Riverside and Big Big Train.

Thanks to you!

Has anyone received their swag yet? It dawns on me I got a shipping notice over a week or so ago but nothing so far. :unsure:

Got my Theo disc a couple days ago, and have spun it twice. Really good! Well worthy project, and a labor of love, clearly. Great job, Jim!!

I got mine earlier this week, too.

Well I posted 8 hours early. My swag arrived and so did my Organissimo t-shirt. :party: