10 CDs for $15 shipped - mystery lots

Ok, so I've got some stacks of discs here, primarily good to quite good stuff. Some even "great." Rather than going through them all I'm going to do SEVEN ten-disc mystery lots for $15 shipped to a US address. One per person. Trust me, there will be no "turds" in these lots. Some lots will be more "avant-garde" and some a little more palatable, so let me know which you prefer (and the emphasis in these stacks seems to be on more, rather than less "out"). Nothing in bad condition. My fingers are crossed that you won't encounter a duplicate of something you already have but this is not guaranteed.

Post here to reserve a spot and PM with your name and address. Paypal only please. They'll go out shortly!

Seventy CDs - first seven gets 'em.

There'll be another one of these again in about a month or so...

Edited by clifford_thornton

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine, overall very very happy, as I discovered Billy Bang (and there is a really good Roy Campbell, though I don't have need to keep it), but willing to trade the remainder of my lot apart  from the Bang for some of somebody else's lot if anyone interested in that concept. Could be 9 for 9, 3 for 3, whatever.   

One win/win trade done.  Willing to trade these for other mystery discs:

Hans Reichel - The Death of the Rare Bird Ymir/Bonobo Beach

Hard Rubber Orchestra - Crush

Golia/George Lewis/Turetzky - Triangulation II

Blue Humans - Live in London 1994

Derek Bailey -  Solo Live (2 CD's)

and potentially

Daley, Joseph The Tuba Trio Chronicles 2014 JoDa Music
Eskelin, Ellery/Hemingway, Gerry Inbetween Spaces 2008 Auricle Records

Edited by felser

On 5/22/2016 at 4:18 PM, felser said:

Got mine, overall very very happy, as I discovered Billy Bang (and there is a really good Roy Campbell, though I don't have need to keep it), but willing to trade the remainder of my lot apart  from the Bang for some of somebody else's lot if anyone interested in that concept. Could be 9 for 9, 3 for 3, whatever.   

My experience much the same. Discovered Billy Bang and Harry Beckett (his dub album "Modern Sound of H B" was shockingly cool), and there are some other interesting items. Need more time/evaluation before proposing further swaps.

Edited by T.D.

52 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

I'm surprised that felser got a bunch of stuff he wasn't into but I guess it was bound to happen to someone. I don't know whether the mystery lot was a bad idea but I figured at $1.50 or so a disc it was closer to a good idea...

I have no complaints,the Billy Bang was a great find, and I like to trade discs and discover new sounds (I have a Mike Osborne coming in a trade with another mystery lot receiver, and that is also a wonderful keeper for me.  The Bang and Osborne alone are worth the $15 to me, any other return is gravy).  No criticism implied, and I think the mystery lots were very generous on your part.   I will jump at future opportunities to receive another mystery lot from you.

Edited by felser

• 1 month later...