LF: Abdullah Ibrahim: Ekaya on CD

I am looking for Abdullah Ibrahim's Ekaya album on CD. The cover looks like this:

R-2209705-1437329333-7874.jpeg.jpg

If anyone has a CD of this album which they are willing to part with, we can discuss the amount then. I think it was only released once on CD, in the late 1980s.

Edited by Hot Ptah

3 hours ago, Milestones said:

Isn't this the same lineup that recorded Water From an Ancient Well?

It's a good album; I had the LP back in the day.  The band: Carlos Ward, alto sax and flute; Ricky Ford, tenor sax; Charles Davis, baritone sax; Dick Griffin, trombone; Abdullah Ibrahim, piano; Cecil McBee, bass; Ben Riley, drums.  11/17/83.

While I was exchanging emails with this English seller about whether they would ship this CD to the United States, someone else bought it. Was it a member of this board? If it was, could I get a CD-R copy from you?

My LPs are in storage until I am able to move into a place where I can set up my stereo, so I can only listen to CDs at the present time.

I recorded for radio broadcast a Toronto concert (1987.06.25) by Abdullah Ibrahim & Ekaya, and recently sent him the masters...  It was a fine concert, and releasable, I'd say, though the material is all 'the usual' for the band.

That band, incidentally was Abdullah Ibrahim, piano & voice; Dick Griffin, tbn; Carlos Ward, alto/flute; Sonny Fortune, tenor/flute; Charles Davis, baritone/flute; Essiet Essiet, bass; Victor Jones, drums; and Ricky Ford, tenor (who played elsewhere with another band that evening, came to sit in on the last set).

On 9.1.2018 at 10:48 PM, Hot Ptah said:

I am looking for Abdullah Ibrahim's Ekaya album on CD. The cover looks like this:

R-2209705-1437329333-7874.jpeg.jpg

If anyone has a CD of this album which they are willing to part with, we can discuss the amount then. I think it was only released once on CD, in the late 1980s.

I went for the LP eventually ... if you like the band (I do!) it's a wonderful album!

Never digitized it or got a copy of that CD that has most of it (wasn't even aware of that) so I'm afraid I can't help.

3 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Can someone do a needle-drop for Hot Ptah? I wouldn't be "stealing" since he owns the LP.

If someone near me has a copy, I can needle-drop it.

I might be able to. Although it is set up, my turntable is not perfectly calibrated at this time. Even my non-audiophile ears can hear the difference in the sound quality, but it is essentially listenable.