Ebay craziness

Alfred

Curtis Fulller/ Ocalaypso 45: it went for $111 the other day. !?

Seems to crop up more often than 500 copies would indicate. But I suppose those who bought copies out of Goldmine for $500 in the 1980s are flipping for more dough now.

what do you mean those who bought copies out of goldmine in the 80s for $500

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'll stick with my Mobley Mosaic vinyl !

I have a hard time believing that one ever got completed!!!

Interestingly, it is mentioned in this month's 'Record Collector; in their ebay watch section listing high value sales. Suggests legit? :huh: . Having said that, a copy of Larry Young 'Unity' also "sold" around the same time for this magic $7800 amount. So I would be inclined to file this one along with tulip bulbs..

Edited by sidewinder

Currently reading the Havers "Uncompromising Expression" Blue Note publication & he mentions that some of the early BN LP's go up to $5000 - but this figure is insane!!

Who buys these LPs - Japanese collectors?

I recall it being tossed around - the word "Unobtanium" - in cycling parlance in the 1990s, referring to high-end bicycle frame materials.

additionally, I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an OG copy of 1568 on the "what vinyl are you spinning now?" thread... hell, I only have it on CD!

Edited by clifford_thornton

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to post a hyperlink but earlier today a copy of Sun Ra's "secrets of the sun" sold for over $1100 usd.

This is not even the first pressing! The labels are second issue ankh labels as opposed to first gold labels with large "SATURN" text and no ankh logo. Crazy money for a second issue me thinks...

Edited by Homefromtheforest