Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teasing the Korean

I Cant Find My MLK Jazz LPs

15 posts in this topic

I must have played them on the MLK weekend prior to moving, and then they got misfiled.  I have a huge section of unfiled LPs.  I always play a particular Rufus Harley and Rahsaan Roland Kirk album for MLK weekend.  I suppose I could cheat and play my Oliver Nelson JFK CD.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I must have played them on the MLK weekend prior to moving, and then they got misfiled.  I have a huge section of unfiled LPs.  I always play a particular Rufus Harley and Rahsaan Roland Kirk album for MLK weekend.  I suppose I could cheat and play my Oliver Nelson JFK CD.  

I found them.  Neither are MLK-specific, but I always play them this weekend.

One is the Rufus Harley Tribute to Courage album which pays tribute to everyone but MLK:  JFK, Muhammad Ali, Trane, and Malcolm X. 

The Kirk albums are Natural Black Inventions and Blacknuss.  The Kirk albums were in the unfilled section, and I had filed Rufus Harley under Now Sound instead of Jazz

Incidentally, in the soprano sax thread, I apologized for disparaging the soprano when I can enjoy listening to Rufus Harley on bagpipes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

  I suppose I could cheat and play my Oliver Nelson JFK CD.  

Or you could do the right thing (from every angle!) and get a copy of Black, Brown, and Beautiful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Or you could do the right thing (from every angle!) and get a copy of Black, Brown, and Beautiful.

Alas, I don't have it, and as I've stated elsewhere, I've pretty much stopped buying music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should you have it, Wadada Leo Smith pays tribute on Procession of the Great Mastery with Nuru Light: The Prince of Peace.

71TMjL5CnEL._SX522_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's this?

Image result for max roach chattahoochee red

If you still can't see it, it's Max Roach: Chattahoochee Red.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bagpipes???  I'm pretty sure I don't have a single jazz record that features bagpipes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milestones said:

Bagpipes???  I'm pretty sure I don't have a single jazz record that features bagpipes.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Should you have it, Wadada Leo Smith pays tribute on Procession of the Great Mastery with Nuru Light: The Prince of Peace.

71TMjL5CnEL._SX522_.jpg

This one's good for MLK Day as well:

a0605503140_5.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DxfUaZfUYAAXdJP.jpg

Don't remember the circumstances of where and how I found this, but I've had it for around 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jeffcrom said:

DxfUaZfUYAAXdJP.jpg

Don't remember the circumstances of where and how I found this, but I've had it for around 40 years.

It's also on the Things Have Got To Change LP, but it's cool you have it on 45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.