The Kenny G Corner..... Not

Hardbopjazz

Okay. Artists, or rather "musical acts" we don't like. Ahem.

I fukking hate those fukkin assholes the Four Seasons that bastard nasal motherfukker should have been drowned at birth anyone who can listen to this imitation cat fight and enjoy it is in serious need of a fukkin lobotomy!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Whew. :blink: Glad I got that out of my system...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my mouthful:

Ozzy Osbourne - to me, this guy was never any good... not even in the Black Sabbath days. My friend's copy of Diary of a Madman (record) melted in the back seat of my car, directly under the Arizona sun. I was thankful.

Pink Floyd - recorded only two albums, to me, that were worth listening to, those being Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. Otherwise, Pink Floyd gets my award for being one of the most over-rated bands of all time. I mean, The Wall? The prison door sound effect, waiting for the worms, the juvenile marching-band horns? Were they serious?

Edited by wesbed

Dude--

The REAL Pink Floyd only recored ** ONE ** album and it's called "The Piper At the Gates of Dawn."

I will refrain from comment on the rest of this tho', uh, early Sabbath was a great BAND.

I think you make a good point about the real Pink Floyd. I agree with you even though I didn't enjoy the Piper record. I do believe it was the real Floyd.

Ozzy and I were never close. Anywhere he went, I went the other way. I can't say why but he always turned my stomach over. When I was in high school I was listening to Chuch Mangione, Spyro Gyra, and Steely Dan. A friend wanted me to hear his latest find, a Black Sabbath record. Errr... what? I didn't like it then and was suprised/depressed when Ozzy decided to make his own solo nonsense after Black Sabbath concluded.

Edited by wesbed

Hearing the G-man strangle a sax is akin to hearing a dentist drill.

How about combining the two? My dentist/orthodontist uncle ALWAYS had Kenny G playing when I went in for appointments. I remember complaining about it to my aunt (the office manager), to which she replied "No, it's great. We just got a 5-disc changer and all five discs are Kenny G. We listen to him all day long."

The wounds will never heal... <_<

Hearing the G-man strangle a sax is akin to hearing a dentist drill.

How about combining the two? My dentist/orthodontist uncle ALWAYS had Kenny G playing when I went in for appointments. I remember complaining about it to my aunt (the office manager), to which she replied "No, it's great. We just got a 5-disc changer and all five discs are Kenny G. We listen to him all day long."

The wounds will never heal... <_<

Dude thst's grounds for a malpractice suit. :P

I don't have the stamina to type all the worthless artists that bother me, but I have to agree with the comments about Dave Mathews, Ozzy/Sabbath, and I'd like to toss in (these are off the top of my head because I've heard this garbage in the last couple days): the Doors, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, and pretty much anything in rock and roll nowadays. Well, at the very least I have to acknowledge a lot of the recent popular crap for shoving me (very willingly!!) towards jazz!!!

Edited by GregK

Hm..Wish You were Here. After that it was all down hill. <_<

I am one of the few who still likes Floyd all the way up until the Wall, though I do have to say that was probably the REAL beginning of the end.

Animals is and will continue to be, my favorite Pink Floyd album ever!

I have little use for Billy Joel, but I have in the past and DO enjoy him...I don't have any of his music currently. I really liked him as a kid growing up in the 70's!

Hootie & The Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band, Creed, Smashmouth...boring, soulless...terrible. There is no explanation for those who like these bands a lot, they are beyond help.

Linkin Park, Offspring, Green Day...whiny punk-light and a dash of pseudo rap, with the weakest and most pathetically unsophisticated lyrics and melodies. Good God these guys suck.

Boy bands and Spice Girls and that shite--I think it is child abuse when parents buy this trash for their kids, much like cutting a kid's hair into a mullet before he's old enough to know how stupid that looks. Actually it's more like teaching kids to have poor taste and shallow thoughts.

Pretty boy country crooners...who's this bum my mom was just listening to--Kenny Chesney? Egads, so horrible it is painful. Her ears must be broken, it is the only logical explanation for purposely enduring such crap.

I wouldn't include the Stones or Floyd or Black Sabbath in with the sonic road apples I listed above.

Thanks for letting me vent. :rfr

Hootie & The Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band, Creed, Smashmouth...boring, soulless...terrible.  There is no explanation for those who like these bands a lot, they are beyond help.

Linkin Park, Offspring, Green Day...whiny punk-light and a dash of pseudo rap, with the weakest and most pathetically unsophisticated lyrics and melodies.  Good God these guys suck.

Boy bands and Spice Girls and that shite--I think it is child abuse when parents buy this trash for their kids, much like cutting a kid's hair into a mullet before he's old enough to know how stupid that looks.  Actually it's more like teaching kids to have poor taste and shallow thoughts.

Pretty boy country crooners...who's this bum my mom was just listening to--Kenny Chesney?  Egads, so horrible it is painful.  Her ears must be broken, it is the only logical explanation for purposely enduring such crap.

I wouldn't include the Stones or Floyd or Black Sabbath in with the sonic road apples I listed above.

Noj: I believe your post is very well-written and I agree with all of it. You are so correct about Hootie and Creed and all the other names you listed. And, I can hardly even type his name, Kenny Chesney. I saw the new Chesney CD on display at Circuit City and had to turn my head. Was this thing intended to sell music or just pictures of pretty-boy Kenny? Bleck!!!

I'm the culprit who started the Sabbath/Floyd discussion. However, you are very right in saying that Sabbath and Floyd should not be included with the other sonic road apples you listed. Given a choice of Sabbath/Floyd versus Hootie/Smashmouth/Chesney, I'd have to pick Sabbath/Floyd every single time.

Edited by wesbed